Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How much more effective is headphones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how much more effective is headphones using masked version then speakers?

Does the headphone effect make a dramatic difference? anyone know the percentage?
I think it would be difficult for someone to come up with exact numbers but they are quite a bit more effective depending on the setup. Shannon's subliminals use the stereo effect to make your right and left hemispheres work together to understand the message. I've seen the number thrown around that this effect can double the impact of the audio. So, if you listen to a cellphone speaker on your nightstand then, it would be twice as effective to listen to headphone. If you have two speakers, one on each side of your head, then headphone are only a little more effective.

The magic of headphones is that they eliminate the possibility for a bad setup. You are always going to get good stereo separation. In a speaker setup, you have to be more careful.
(03-10-2014, 07:01 AM)InTheZone Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be difficult for someone to come up with exact numbers but they are quite a bit more effective depending on the setup. Shannon's subliminals use the stereo effect to make your right and left hemispheres work together to understand the message. I've seen the number thrown around that this effect can double the impact of the audio. So, if you listen to a cellphone speaker on your nightstand then, it would be twice as effective to listen to headphone. If you have two speakers, one on each side of your head, then headphone are only a little more effective.

The magic of headphones is that they eliminate the possibility for a bad setup. You are always going to get good stereo separation. In a speaker setup, you have to be more careful.

I completely agree with you. Moreover, headphone and masked subliminal can save your doubt whether you have calibrated everything perfectly or not. If anyone in budget or want to see whether sub is working or not , He or she can easily start with headphone options. I personally prefer 5 6 hours with headphone and rest with ultrasound.
I listen to headphone all the time: I'm perfectionist and maniac Rolleyes . I feel more result ever since.
Yeah I think i'l be sticking to headphones Big Grin I'm paranoid when it comes to these type of things I wanna make sure i'm maximizing the effects!