Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speakers question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
Having a little bit of worry about my new speakers. Even too after long time of choosing the best cost/quality speakers and getting edifier studio 5, I am a little bit concerned.

Noticed decrease of a lot of sub effectiveness after changing from headphones, dont know if this is in my head or speakers is bad. Speakers are rated for 20-20k and are praised to have perfect and clear high freaquency. What I am worried about is that even then not pluged into anything speakers have very silent rusling noice that is caused by amplifier turned to increase boost from my phone.

Second thing is then doing speaker test if I run over 60-70% (whats normally enough to fill whole house with music) of maxinum output at last 5-8s i notice weeewwhhh, weewwhhh sound repeating. But then I play ultrasonic its okay, clear sound, just hearing that a bit of buzzling coused by amplifier.

Wondering is it normal? Or shoud I try to sell my speakers and get new ones?

Dimensions Active speaker: 191mm x 318mm x 284mm; Passive speaker: 186mm x 318mm x 271mm; Weight Approx. 11kg
Driver units 5¾ inch (148mm), magnetically shielded, 6Ω, with bass reflection port; 1 inch (25mm) silk dome tweeter, magnetically shielded, 6Ω
Features • Professional low noise amplifier coupled with higher performance crossover • 5¼ inch (148mm) woofer and 1inch (25mm) silk dome tweeters • Easily accessibly side mounted, fold out USB and SD card input ports compatible with MP3 and WMA audio formats • FM radio tuner with 40 present channels • Side mounted control pad for input selection, volume adjustment, track navigation and FM tuning • Dual RCA input and spring clip speaker connecting cables • Magnetically shielded speaker drivers with 100% wooden enclosures • 50 watts RMS total audio output • High quality 2-way, second order filters, 12dB/octave crossover • Calibrated flared bass reflex port, in front of the speaker cabinet
Frequency Range 20Hz~20KHz
Inputs Dual RCA input (RCA - RCA and RCA to AUX), FM radio, SD card, USB input
Other Audio enthusiasts need look no further with this complete audio solution perfect for home, studio or office environments with the Edifier Studio 5. This 2.0 speaker set is equipped with built in USB and SD card readers as well as an FM tuner and auxiliary input for connections to any audio source. Input ports and quick track navigation, volume adjustment and input selection are all conveniently located on the side panel control pad. The Studio 5 is technologically advanced with diversified audio processing, separately dedicated amplifiers for bass and tweeter drivers, EQ audio processing capabilities (V-EQ) and dual RCA inputs with spring-clip connecting cables. The 100% MDF wooden enclosed speakers produce 50 watts of output power provided by the 5 ¼ inch bass drivers, 1 inch tweeters and bass reflection ports. Studio 5 by Edifier is an impressive system for those who seek great audio.
Power RMS 25W + 25W
Signal-to-Noise ratio ≥ 85 dB
Headphones tends to be more effective than speakers for most users. The sound you need to worry about when using the speaker test is a crackling type sound. The sound you are describing is like what the normal high frequency sound should sound like.