Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ultrasonics Through TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the ultrasonic subs work if played through a TV?
(02-12-2014, 08:55 PM)Guero Wrote: [ -> ]Will the ultrasonic subs work if played through a TV?

If the speaker frequency response on the TV is good enough for playback, it shouldn't matter.
(02-13-2014, 07:19 AM)InTheZone Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2014, 08:55 PM)Guero Wrote: [ -> ]Will the ultrasonic subs work if played through a TV?

If the speaker frequency response on the TV is good enough for playback, it shouldn't matter.

I've tried playing them under the TV shows I have on my laptop and you can definitely hear feedback. What frequency range do i need? I'll see if my TV can handle it
(02-13-2014, 02:40 PM)Guero Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried playing them under the TV shows I have on my laptop and you can definitely hear feedback. What frequency range do i need? I'll see if my TV can handle it

The speakers on your TV need to do 20+ Khz.
I've got a vizio e370vl but I can't find specs on the frequency range
I have seen people successfully use TVs to play ultrasonics through a PlayStation, for example, but the speakers must be capable of a minimum of 20 kHz frequency response. Otherwise, you can just use the masked version.
(02-14-2014, 08:37 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen people successfully use TVs to play ultrasonics through a PlayStation, for example, but the speakers must be capable of a minimum of 20 kHz frequency response. Otherwise, you can just use the masked version.

Yea i play the ultrasonic while I watch my nightly show plays at the same time through my laptop. Then I get at least 8 hours in of the masked versions through my ear buds while I sleep
Does anyone know how to find your TV's frequency response? I've been using ultrasonics through my TV at night instead of ear buds because they got too uncomfortable to sleep with. I'm pretty sure it's working fine, but I'd hate to take the chance and end up wasting 6 months of using the AM subliminals.
Check with the free "speaker test" download. If you get no crackling then you are fine.