Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Compounded subs: Is converting WMA to MP3 still effective?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uhm...guys quick question!

Using windows movie maker i copy pasted 16 sessions of FX and US separately to create an 8 hour sub each file.

However it was in a default wma format, would it still be effective even if I converted the two 8 hour files from WMA to MP3?

I did that in order for the files to be compatible with the phone i'm currently using and additional convenience in timing and looping.

Thank you for the quickest response. Smile
1. You should NEVER try to change the format of the files unless you are decompressing them. (.mp3 to .WAV or .AIFF files only) I recommend not doing even that. Subliminal audio is EXTREMELY delicate and very easily stripped out. ANY lossy format can remove them. Once you do anything with the file other than decompress it (as above), there is no guarantee that it has any subliminal audio in it anymore.

2. NEVER attempt to re-encode/compress a subliminal audio that you have, regardless of whether you have decompressed it or not.

3. The best way to do what you're trying to do is to use an un-altered file in a playlist on your phone, and then create whatever type of playlist you want. If that is for some reason not an option, then you may wish to use Audacity (free download) to create the setup you desire, but it MUST be exported to .wav or .aiff. Anything else will damage the audio or at least make it uncertain whether there is any subliminal audio present.

WMA is out. The only reason I can offer these in .mp3 is because they are encoded directly from the original uncompressed .WAV files, and use some very special encoder settings that are NOT typical. Don't ever attempt to encode a subliminal that you have decompressed, or transcode it from .mp3 to any other format but .WAV or .AIFF.