Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Clear audible differences between Trickling stream and ocean surf (AM6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else notice that there is a difference between trickling stream and ocean surf ?

First of all, if you listen to tricking stream through headphone you will hear voices murmuring in the background. This is not the case for ocean surf.

Second of all, the volume range of Ocean Surf seems to drop down completely at times, where both trickling stream and ultrasonic stay even. It seems the ocean surf becomes completely quiet at times (i.e no output)

Now, i'm not questioning the effectiveness because I have been listening to mostly ocean surf this month and have noticed that the sub is working. I am however wondering if perhaps the trickling stream one will prove to be even more effective then the ocean surf version.

Shannon? Any reason why I can audibly hear the voices in trickling stream but I can't in Ocean surf ? and does it make a difference? Also, what is the reason that the audio output signal stays pretty much constant for the ultrasonic version (showing that their is audio output even if we can't hear it) but that the ocean surf drops down to 0 at times ?
I noticed the same thing with 'Ultra Success 4G',

The Stream sounds just like water...

... While the Ocean has murmuring voices, that are easy to hear (though they just sound like they are speaking gibberish to the conscious mind).

I do an equal amount of both masked, just in case one is more effective than the other, etc.
(02-03-2014, 10:45 AM)soulfly1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else notice that there is a difference between trickling stream and ocean surf ?

First of all, if you listen to tricking stream through headphone you will hear voices murmuring in the background. This is not the case for ocean surf.

Second of all, the volume range of Ocean Surf seems to drop down completely at times, where both trickling stream and ultrasonic stay even. It seems the ocean surf becomes completely quiet at times (i.e no output)

Now, i'm not questioning the effectiveness because I have been listening to mostly ocean surf this month and have noticed that the sub is working. I am however wondering if perhaps the trickling stream one will prove to be even more effective then the ocean surf version.

Shannon? Any reason why I can audibly hear the voices in trickling stream but I can't in Ocean surf ? and does it make a difference? Also, what is the reason that the audio output signal stays pretty much constant for the ultrasonic version (showing that their is audio output even if we can't hear it) but that the ocean surf drops down to 0 at times ?

The ocean surf track, of course, has a variable volume. Vocoding makes the subliminal audio adjust its volume to stay constant in comparison to the volume of the masking track. Sometimes the vocals will be loud enough to hear. When the masking track must be looped, it will momentarily drop to a very low volume which approaches zero.

The trickling stream track is not the original trickling stream track we had to begin with, but is a higher quality audio. It is not as complex, however, and therefore it is easier to hear the underlying subliminal audio at a conscious level if you have the volume up high enough, or you use headphones, or both. This doesn't affect how useful or effective it is.

The ultrasonic track is just the speech audio, shifted to ultrasonic range, and therefore has no reason to shift in volume. The ultrasonic is not vocoded, as it does not need to conform its volume to a covering sound to be subliminal. The volume therefore remains constant.
Thanks for the informative reply Shannon, greatly appreciated !