Subliminal Talk

Full Version: I'm so afraid that I think I just permanently damaged my ears & I have tinnitus ;(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am so afraid... Sad Sad Sad (I'm in my mid 20's)

I started in December listening for a week or so to ultrasonic subs for stopping smoking via headphones.. (stupid me) but that was only a few days or a week... Everything was alright tho.. I quit the sub because I wanted to get into LTU after a break as suggested that a break is needed before switching subs.

Stupidly enough, I even started the LTU sub the same way, with ultrasonics on headphones.. (In my mind that was the only way I could do the sub for 6 months. I didn't thought that I could stick with the 2 masked subs for 6 months as it would drive me crazy.. but later on I got used to and I love the trickling one, but the ocean too.) I was so stupid and I should've know better about the instructions, but it was my fault. I started LTU on 5th January and had like few days of only ultrasonics via headphones... I was using the silent (not so silent) ultrasonic at a very high volume along music too.. but then I realized that I didn't had to listen them at headphones... after I read more into the forum and more into the instructions... so I switched to normal masked subs, and occasionally letting the silent sub (ultrasonic) to play during the night while I was sleeping (not on headphones)

I had some quick thoughts in my mind after the days I stopped using the ultrasonics, that I might still hear some queeeeee in my ears, but I didn't gave much importance, I thought that's it's only in my head or that it will go away..

!! I need to say to everybody not to worry about the subs. It is my fault because I am also listening very loudly to music and wearing headphones for many hours a day, and in the past 4 weeks I had some days where headphones were on my head for as much as 14 hours+, with some small breaks... but with a volume of med - to verrry loud, with music and trickling sound combined ~ in a ratio of 75% music - 25% masked sub ~ But

Maybe that's why the sub did so well for me so far... I was wearing headphones with the masked tricklin' sub for more than 12 hours.. But it wasn't always really that loud as I mentioned above. However, I am listening to headphones since a few years, but not as much per day as in the last weeks... and despite of that I never had the problem.. And I never really abused them as I described above. Sure, loud.. but for a few hours.. and then maybe I had days when I wasn't even touching them.

[Image: Tinnitus_relief.jpg]

But do you know that sound when you come out of the club or come from a concert? That eeeeeeeeeeeee in your ears? This is what happens to me... during the day I still hear it like on a scale from 0/10 it's a 2/10 and sometimes I might get distracted and forget about it.. But when night comes and I go to the bed.. it's like 7/10.... I am so scared.. like this would be a bad dream and I want to wake up... is this tinnitus? Will I be left with this sound in my head for life????? I can't imagine my life with this.. it's too 'all of a sudden for me'... the worst thing is that now I realized this and it makes me more aware of it, as it makes me think more often about it, when the trick would usually be to let it fade in the background.. But the worst thing would actually be to not realize about it not even now. And it already kinda broke a bit my productivity and mood and the well-being-happy state... because it pisses me off if this is really permanent... (just to mention that the LTU sub really kicks ass procrastination.. don't know much if that or it's more effective into making me take action about what I have to.. but hopefully I'll be able to continue the sub and start the long awaited journal of my LTU experience)

!! Just to clear up, I am not saying at all that this is the subs fault in general, no way.. It's MY fault.. I read so much about tinnitus that now I am so so scared.. I need to go to a doctor soon.. like tomorrow actually.. I hoped it will go away but it's been 3 days or so since I realized it fully and I can vaguely remember that I kinda had it from few days ago too..but I just thought it will go away when I was hearing during the night, and I couldn't hear it during the day because I was wearing the headphones or simply wasn't that consc. about it. I am freaking out because the little thought in my head about this, that made me stop listening to headphones since 3 days ago to see if the eeeeeee ringing in my ears disappears, did not dissapeared. (To mention it again, the sound I am hearing is exactly the same sound you hear when you go out of a club where there was really loud music.. and that sound usually wears of in about 30 minutes.. more or less ~ Now you know what I mean..)

I need to go to a doctor... and I don't know what to tell him more than the fact that I listened to loud music on headphones and this must be it... or maybe other causes that I will find out in there.. but I can't tell him that I also listened to some ultrasonic subliminals.. assuming you can understand that not everybody can understand this niche and that his preconceptions will send me straight to the looney town. (with all the respect, I'm not saying that what Shannon is doing is not working or that it's something crazy, if I would think that I wouldn't even be here. But I'm pretty sure that most of you don't brag to your average joe friends that you're using AM sub to get laid, like explaining them what it means. You know you'll get that look.. but we all don't care what the others think, and we don't even bother to tell them anyway)

I hope some of you that can reply here.. read throughout the lines because I usually write a lot, but since now I am also scared..so scared.. like 'this can't happen to me' or like 'this is a bad dream and I want to wake up' .... I feel like writing all these to be somewhat relief just like those annoying people who complain all day long about their problems and expose their negativity just to suck your positive energy out of you.. you know what I mean? I'm not that type.. but my desperation makes me type and type and type...

The way I hear it tho.. is exactly the way the silent/ultrasonic subs were heard by me, and normally I shouldn't even hear that sub... but since I'm so retarded not to follow some simple instructions....

Yesterday and today I haven't touched the headphones... and was playing music only at the laptop's speakers at a low volume... and also combined with the masked subliminals, then only the subs aline... and after with no sound at all.... I wonder now if I might harm my ears if I keep listening even to any sound or to the masked subs as well... LTU doesn't have brainwave freqs right? Because extended use might do some harm regarding the hz ~ based on a random youtube comment that I read of someone that fell asleep for 8 hours with some solfeggio hz freq that usually should do good..and he woke up and had the queee sound in his ears for days...(I know..it's stupid.. shouldn't mentioned that).

I really want to continue with this sub.. I am nearly done with the first month of LTU and it worked so great for me... but is this the price I have to pay for my stupidity? ;( I will go to a doctor asap, and maybe I have hypertension... I hope that's what it is that causes it... I really hope it will go away and I swear I'll never abuse the headphones again like that no matter what it is.. or even if there won't be anything and it will eventually be over.

[Image: tiniicartoon.gif]

I am so afraid that I want to crawl in bed and keep thinking it's just a bad dream and that tomorrow it will go away.. but I just did that last night and this morning..there it was... is this really tinnitus? Because it can't be healed, and there are just countless of ways to help with it.. but the things I have on my head right now.. this was the last thing I wanted. I am not prepared for this.. and I know, nobody ever is and there are people with worse conditions than this.. no arms, legs, no vision... and so on.... and I was doing LTU, I was taking care of everything in my life step by step and this is just like a big rock or an avalanche coming instantly on me as I was climbing my mountain of success...

?? Did I really just permanently damaged my ears ?? I have to say that I can hear perfectly fine, there is no loss in hearing.. but I just hear that ringing in my sound exactly like when you leave the club/disco at 5 AM in the morning... during the day it can be better... but during the night when I put my head on the pillow... 7/10.. Sad( I hope it will go away.. Even if I listen to music loudly at headphones, I do usually have my breaks too, and from all this time... why now... and I kinda think that I damaged my ears because I used the ultrasonics with headphones at a lot of db's.. <--- omg I am repeating myself with this info... sorry... 3 AM..

Oh Shannon.. if you want just delete this thread. I don't want to scare everybody.. I don't want you to roll your eyes like you'd see someone who'd try to use a sub of yours 1 hour per day for 4 days and then go all over the internet saying it's not working..lol Smile I mean I don't want to freak out people.. but maybe I can be a good example down the history of your work... and sacrifice ... for everybody who is going to use the subs to remember not to use the ultrasonics at headphones and to follow the instructions.

All I hope is that I don't have tinnitus and that I will go away Sad In life, we tend to appreciate things more only after we lose them...
I permanently have tinnitus. You get used to it after a while and it becomes non-existent unless you focus on it. I got it from headphones listening to music and at concerts.

Why not try this experimental sub?

http://www.subliminal-shop.com/product/o...-tinnitus/
Calm down. Remember, LTU have health area covered, it may tackle any illness indirectly but it will.

For now use the sub through speaker. Let your ear drum rest. Couple of weeks, it will go better.
I noticed my ears ringing when using the ultrasonic but it went away. might have been too loud.
This is of course why we say not to use ultrasonics with headphones. If you try to use the Overcoming Tinnitus program, don't use the ultrasonic track. Don't use ultrasonics on headphones anymore... don't play music very loudly on headphones or off...

I cannot say whether this effect will be short term or not, but I wish people would follow the directions...
From another thread:
if you use it not more than 25% maximum volume should be safe..
I use ultrasonic with earphones most of the day ... and I hope is safe. And I hope is effective as the masked sound with earphones.
Allow me to clarify a bit.

Volumes are relative on portable devices, so 25% or less really isn't a good guideline, and I did not know that at the time. I now recommend that if you use ultrasonics with headphones, you use it at the lowest volume you can hear audible sounds. I recommend even more that you don't use ultrasonics with headphones.

One of the advantages of ultrasonics is the volume increase. But with headphones, we have no way of knowing how such direct audio is affecting you at a volume you might otherwise be used to using. So, we must play it safe. Very low volumes still work, as is evidenced by masked tracks.
I went through the exact same thing as you except mine was caused by too much loud music. I used MHS for about 3 weeks and found that I was able to sleep much better and be more optimistic. After a while it went down enough to where I could ignore it until it finally healed up almost completely. Right now, I'm still feeling good. Every now and then my ear might ring for a couple seconds but it goes away quickly plus my ear used to do that anyway so its nothing new. Another thing I do (this may or may not work for you) is stretch my neck throughout the day.

I use headphones and ultrasonics but I put the ultrasonic on the LOWEST POSSIBLE level. If you use an iPod or iPhone simply go to settings-->music--> volume limit. Set the volume limit down to the LOWEST level. Voila. Now you don't have to worry about jacking the volume up on accident.

If you listen to the ultrasonics on a regular phone, just set the volume down on the LOWEST POSSIBLE LEVEL. I have an HTC droid so it's hard to accidently jack up the volume without conscious effort.
I've got it too after playing a sub every night for 6 days on the lowest volume possible off my galaxy s3 (1 out of 15). I've always had it a little, but it's never been this bad
(02-06-2014, 07:15 PM)Guero Wrote: [ -> ]I've got it too after playing a sub every night for 6 days on the lowest volume possible off my galaxy s3 (1 out of 15). I've always had it a little, but it's never been this bad

Which track did you use? A masked one or the silent one?
And I guess you were listening with headphones?

Does it get better when you stop using the subs for a while?
I used masked ones every time and I haven't stopped using the subs. I've been getting at least 8 hours a day with them consistently
There's no known way that tinnitus can be caused by using a masked track unless you play it at ridiculously loud levels.
I keep it on minimum volume. As long as I can hear the water trickling it'll work right? Could it be that the ear buds are pushing too far in my ears while I sleep?
If you're using earbuds, you don't have to be as careful with audio as if you are using ultrasonics. But I don't know how effective a masked track will be at minimum volume, although I can guess that it won't be very unless you use the trickling stream, which has a relatively constant volume.

I suggest using it on speakers. I do not believe that there is any way that you could possibly be experiencing tinnitus because of the subliminal, both because you're not using an ultrasonic, and because you're using it at minimal volume. Both of those would prevent tinnitus.
Pages: 1 2