Subliminal Talk

Full Version: can we use an ipod or...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to this forum so forgive my ignorance. But I've searched around and I dont see anything on this topic.

I dont intend to take my laptop and plug it in to speakers while I'm sleeping. I was hoping to just load the subs onto an iPod. In fact I bought new speakers today just for that purpose. But then I read something somewhere about not compressing the files. I believe iPods do indeed do some kind of compression.

Sooo are iPods OK, and if not, what's the alternative?
I'm using the iPhone and the headset that came with it. I do not know if the files were compressed, but I've been using this setup since I started on Shannon's subs. It's been working like it should (I know this from the feedback on my journal).
Yes. Just make sure the iPod is not set to re-encode. You can check that by looking at the iPod's information screen connected to your computer in iTunes. Other than that there is no problem using an iPod. I'll be posting screencast videos on how to check/do these kinds of things over the next few months.
(01-07-2014, 07:45 PM)BigDan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to this forum so forgive my ignorance. But I've searched around and I dont see anything on this topic.

I dont intend to take my laptop and plug it in to speakers while I'm sleeping. I was hoping to just load the subs onto an iPod. In fact I bought new speakers today just for that purpose. But then I read something somewhere about not compressing the files. I believe iPods do indeed do some kind of compression.

Sooo are iPods OK, and if not, what's the alternative?

Glad to hear you're taking the sub seriously and you bought new speakers. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks

Fonzy
(01-08-2014, 10:29 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Just make sure the iPod is not set to re-encode. You can check that by looking at the iPod's information screen connected to your computer in iTunes.

Thanks man. I'm at my iPod's Summary screen. I dont see anything about re-encode. The closest thing I'm seeing is the checkbox of 'Convert higher bitrate songs to xyz kbps AAC'. Is that what you mean?
I'm wondering about the very same thing too!
I have been using an iPod to play Shannon's subliminals and it works for me. I just recently upgraded my speakers, since I have done that, I have been having more dreams where I remember bits and pieces of those dreams.