Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ultrasonic subs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay lastnight I tried the masked ocean surf but I just can't stand the waves seems like, hate waking up to it in the morning.

So I decided may I should go for ultrasonic, but I'm not comprehending anything in regards to suggestions on use. So my computer and bed are about 4 feet away, maybe 5 at max. When I turn on the ultrasonic I can't hear ANYTHING but once I go a little louder then I was with the masked version I could here a squeel or whatever. Is that the volume I want? or It's fine if I don't here anything at all? Also someone mentioned something about maxing the equalizer, how would i do that on VLC media player?
You can hear it just fine - just not at a conscious level. The proper calibration method for ultrasonic is:

1. Trickling stream track, to a comfortable volume for wherever you'll be when you're listening.
2. Ocean surf, and adjust volume (if necessary) to make the lowest point of volume at least faintly audible from the same location.

This should be the optimal maximum volume for the ultrasonic. Even if you "can't hear anything". (That's what makes ultrasonics nice.)

I don't think you need to adjust the equalizer at all with results like you describe. Smile
Shannon , regarding Ultrasonic , is it 100% not recommended listening with headphones?
Since Ultrasonic are silent , I can listen to it while I go to sleep,set a timer for the player to stop playing and continue sleeping.
Is it fine even playing it when you sleep?
(01-07-2014, 03:18 AM)kosta20071 Wrote: [ -> ]Shannon , regarding Ultrasonic , is it 100% not recommended listening with headphones?
Since Ultrasonic are silent , I can listen to it while I go to sleep,set a timer for the player to stop playing and continue sleeping.
Is it fine even playing it when you sleep?

With an ultrasonic subliminal, it is very hard, if not impossible, to hear. Even with headphones. If you calibrate the volume, and then later accidentally change it, would you necessarily know it? This leads to two possibilities that are not good:

1. Turning the volume too low - or to zero. No results. One of my ex girlfriends did this while using my first weight loss program; the very first night, she turned it to zero volume by accident and 32 days later noticed. No results.

2. Turning the volume too high. This can lead to headache, nausea, and in extreme cases (as with all audio), hearing damage.

That last one is why I strongly recommend that you not use ultrasonics with headphones. If you happen to make the mistake of adjusting volume accidentally (and believe me, I have personally seen a lot of "how the heck did THAT happen" moments by myself and others in this regard), you can cause yourself problems.

To safely use ultrasonics with headphones, you must:

1. Calibrate volume as instructed.
2. It is recommended that you drop the volume 2-3 notches from there if possible for ultrasonic audio. Mark this setting for easy future reference.
3. Check that the volume is where it needs to be EVERY TIME you use it with headphones.

And I still do not recommend using ultrasonics with headphones, but if you must, that is how to do it safely.

My programs are designed to be usable while you sleep, while you're awake, whenever you want to use them. So looping it while you sleep is actually the design goal.