Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Equalizer settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A quick question, does the Equalizer settings change the way we hear the files, especially ultrasonic tracks? For eg. on the Realtek interface there are different settings like
Bass, Jazz, Powerful, Classic, the equalizer tabs move when I use different settings.
Now when I play the ultrasonic track on speakers my volume is only 15 for vlc player and I hear a loud whine, the setting is Powerful on Realtek interface, when it is Bass on Realtek interface, the volume is around 25 to hear the same loud whine, and on classic there is no high pitched whine. So which is the better setting?
My bad if this question is already asked, I browsed and did not notice it. And I know very little about this frequency and digital sound related stuff.

I am talking about Realtek sound manager in the taskbar. The Powerful setting is just too Powerful I guess Rolleyes a high pitched whine, and a little bit of cracking sound, like some sound bubbles were bursting.

I feel like their is immediate effect on me. While after listening on Bass for 2 days I didn't notice any difference.
Try listening to the sub with headphones for a few hours and you'll see a difference.

Thanks

Fonzy
I suggest settings for Jazz. You want to normalize (set to 0) or accentuate treble and normalize or de-emphasize Bass for ultrasonics.
(01-03-2014, 01:36 AM)Fonzy3 Wrote: [ -> ]Try listening to the sub with headphones for a few hours and you'll see a difference.

Thanks

Fonzy

I am kind of averse to listening ultrasonics on headphones, it's not recommended is it? But thanks man, I have written a weird post lol, I just want these subs to work, hence describing every minute detail.

(01-04-2014, 01:03 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest settings for Jazz. You want to normalize (set to 0) or accentuate treble and normalize or de-emphasize Bass for ultrasonics.

Hey Shannon your attitude of answering every question on this forum is real awesome and thoroughly appreciated.. even when users inadvertently ask the typical questions again and again, I kinda feel guilty for taking your time...

I don't feel like playing around with the settings out of fear of changing something and forgetting it later, here I have included the pic of the interface below. At the bottom right there is the setting selected : Powerful , you want me to change anything in it.... those equalizer tabs in the middle? I am pleasantly surprised those subliminals are giving me a high pitched whine only to the right ear and no noise whatsoever to the left ear, while the test file plays with no static and crackling, so they are playing legit on my speakers right? Oh and my speakers have a bass controller, (on the speaker body) it is around 50 %, should I completely move it to '0' you are saying? So I was thinking "if it's working, why change it eh?"

Also if I listen to songs on my android headphones, while those speakers are facing me and playing ultrasonics, will my ears take those subliminals in?

Picture:

[Image: realtek.jpg]
Many thanks ~
I'm not going to be able to keep answering all questions personally as I'd like to, my responsibilities are pulling me in other directions. That's why we're looking for a forum administrator now. But on equalizer settings, you're probably best off just setting it all to zero (normal) instead of Jazz, but when I checked out equalizer settings for myself one day, Jazz produced the best results.

I can't know what you should do with on-speaker bass adjustment, as I don't know how it works specific to your particular speakers.

And yes, your ears will take in the subliminals regardless of which direction the speakers are facing, but the best results come from maximizing stereophonic effect, which you can learn more about in the FAQ.
(01-08-2014, 10:30 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to be able to keep answering all questions personally as I'd like to, my responsibilities are pulling me in other directions. That's why we're looking for a forum administrator now. But on equalizer settings, you're probably best off just setting it all to zero (normal) instead of Jazz, but when I checked out equalizer settings for myself one day, Jazz produced the best results.

I can't know what you should do with on-speaker bass adjustment, as I don't know how it works specific to your particular speakers.

And yes, your ears will take in the subliminals regardless of which direction the speakers are facing, but the best results come from maximizing stereophonic effect, which you can learn more about in the FAQ.

I think a forum admin was overdue, but is it really necessary to make a 'paid one', if active users are frequently circulated through, they will do a great job too, just my opinion, they are friendly, have a way of dealing with things, and since they use your subliminals, it's even better is my guess.
Thanks for the reply, I did a quick review after changing the settings, I think I should keep the on speaker bass around zero, it is like a deep rumble stopped when I did that, and with 'Jazz', there is no high-pitched whine, so I think I should keep it on Powerful.

So to sum up, I turned the on-speaker bass around zero and now the deep rumbling stopped, the equalizer setting on realtek is on powerful, which came as the default by the way, and I now just hear a loud whine on my right ear.
Yes I will start an AM 5 journal, I started an year ago, but couldn't get it done and also lost the password for the account. I am on day 6 stage 1 and let me tell you my friend, whatever remnants of doubt I had, they have evaporated, I have grown an utmost respect for your work, because for technology to affect so powerfully and so fast, my bets are it took some real work and a lot of faith. This stuff is badassedness. Thanks again.
Yeah I don't listen to ultrasonics on headphones either, just blast ocean surf and you'll see changes in a couple hours.

Thanks

Fonzy
Which mp3 app. do you guys/ladies use on your iPod touch that has the Jazz/(accentuate treble, normalize Bass) equalizers, to play your subliminals with?