Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question on speaker quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Shannon,

Someone recently posted in Cory Skyy's forum asking about subliminals. I commented that I've been using the 'Become Irresistibly Attractive...' for approx. 8 weeks now without noticing much of a difference.

I've been using the silent version whilst sleeping every night, and Ryan commented that the speakers have to be over 20khz. I checked my speakers, saw nothing on them or the packaging saying what the khz level is, also searched online but couldn't find out there either (speakers are iwantit iw150 iPod dock BTW).

So basically I have no idea what the khz of these is. Am I best just to start using the ocean track instead? I would prefer to use the silent version so it doesn't interrupt sleep, but like I said, I haven't noticed much difference from using that so far.

If I use the ocean version, does the khz make any difference, or is it irrelevant?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Even though I'm not Shannon, perhaps I can clear up a couple of things.

The speakers don't have to be over 20 kHz for the ultrasound subs to work, but 20 kHz is the minimum requirement as far as speakers go. The maximum is 23 kHz, but even though Shannon addresses this in another thread, I’m not quite sure what the extra benefits are compared to 20 kHz. The subs will be clearer and more silent, but regarding self-programming, I don’t know.

If you’re not sure about what the hertz count of your speakers are, use the ocean surf version just to make sure, I also believe that I read here that there were a couple of users here that used the speakers of the iPod itself with success. You may want to look into that.
The ocean version doesn't need a specific frequency response. That's what you are looking for, frequency response. Unfortunately, a lot of lower priced and computer speakers don't go that high. I found a pair of GE speakers at Target for $11 that were 20khz response rate. Most headphones seem to work too but you can't really sleep with them on...
(09-07-2010, 12:48 AM)Matty Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon,

Someone recently posted in Cory Skyy's forum asking about subliminals. I commented that I've been using the 'Become Irresistibly Attractive...' for approx. 8 weeks now without noticing much of a difference.

My personal experience with that title was it took 3 months to manifest the effects, and then I enjoyed 2 months of a lot of attention until I chose the girl I wanted to date. It was definitely not a fast one for me. I think it is more effective after other certain subliminals have been done.

EDIT: Take a look at Spiderweb's journal.
Does anyone know of any cheaper iPod speakers that are rated at the 20Khz minimum? I'm looking on Amazon and it doesn't look to promising...

I want to get two sets, one for my work area and one for my bedroom.
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to start using just the ocean track to be sure. I've had it on the last 2 nights and it hasn't really affected sleep having it in the background so I'll keep going with that.

I assume volume doesn't matter as long as it's audible? I've been having it very quiet so I can just about hear it but it doesn't keep me awake, is this ok?

Thanks.
As long as you can hear the lowest volume of the track (the lowest waves) I'm assuming that is fine.
Hi, Matty,

20 kHz is the minimum for properly reproducing the ultrasonics, as they use a frequency band that tops out there. If you cannot find the frequency response rating, there's a simple test you can do to know if your speakers work.

1. Do you hear staticky voices? If so, they are not fit for use with ultrasonics.
2. Do you hear occasional crackling? That usually happens when they're on the verge of being unfit.
3. Turn the volume up to maximum. Do you hear staticky voices (speaker distortion) now? If so, and you could not hear them before, then the speakers are good. Just remember to return it to normal volume.

The best volume for the ocean surf version is "as loud as you can stand it" or at a normal volume for when you would listen to something else audible (music), whichever is the lower of the two options for volume. If you play them at night, and you play it at a lower volume than that, it will still work, but tend to be somewhat less effective or quick.
Thanks Shannon!
Well this sucks now I'm confused more...

I just bought some speakers for my iPod as well for the Alpha Male 2010 program...CyberAcoustics rated at 20kHz on the high end - I had to email the manufacturer to get that spec. However at a medium volume I am hearing digitized chirps/voices pop out on occasion, which makes me think that they are NOT working properly from what Shannon said, even though CA says they are rated at 20 khZ. What's the deal - keep them or send them back?

I don't wanna use the wrong speakers for months on end, and have the program not work. Dodgy
(09-16-2010, 11:34 AM)davidhnow Wrote: [ -> ]Well this sucks now I'm confused more...

I just bought some speakers for my iPod as well for the Alpha Male 2010 program...CyberAcoustics rated at 20kHz on the high end - I had to email the manufacturer to get that spec. However at a medium volume I am hearing digitized chirps/voices pop out on occasion, which makes me think that they are NOT working properly from what Shannon said, even though CA says they are rated at 20 khZ. What's the deal - keep them or send them back?

I don't wanna use the wrong speakers for months on end, and have the program not work. Dodgy

How are the tracks other than A.M. 2010 Stage 1? It has some odd chirps in it. He's supposed to have fixed this.
Ok so I also test in my RAV4's car stereo and also on a set of "SleepPhones" which are rated to be used with binaural tracks. Heard chirping when cranked to higher volumes with AM Stage 1 - so that confirms what you just said Andrew - good to know.

Just checked the AM Stage 2 and no chirps on the Bose speakers or my new CyberAcoustics iPod speakers. Only staticky voices when cranked up, which is normal from the documentation. And I can hear a bit of a high pitched whine which is normal from the doc too. Sweet.

So that's good for everyone to know - that AM Stage 1 has weird chirps on it that are audible, but that is normal. I don't mind the chirps just wanted to make sure everything was working ok!

(09-16-2010, 02:21 PM)davidhnow Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I also test in my RAV4's car stereo and also on a set of "SleepPhones" which are rated to be used with binaural tracks. Heard chirping when cranked to higher volumes with AM Stage 1 - so that confirms what you just said Andrew - good to know.

Just checked the AM Stage 2 and no chirps on the Bose speakers or my new CyberAcoustics iPod speakers. Only staticky voices when cranked up, which is normal from the documentation. And I can hear a bit of a high pitched whine which is normal from the doc too. Sweet.

So that's good for everyone to know - that AM Stage 1 has weird chirps on it that are audible, but that is normal. I don't mind the chirps just wanted to make sure everything was working ok!

I will make sure when Shannon returns he takes another look at it. He was in a hurry when he fixed it the other day, and is apparent, it didn't get fixed. He is under so much stress, and I hope he recovers enough soon to be able to really do work again.
No worries, as long as the track still works chirps or not, I'm good with it! As long as it wasn't my Cyber Acoustics speakers.
Pages: 1 2