Subliminal Talk

Full Version: db calibrating question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Shannon. I noticed your post about the db levels for ultrasonics. When measuring is it from the area I'll be sleeping or as close as possible to the speaker?
I get these readings from using FrequenSee on my phone while I am playing the program on the phone I am reading for, and then using settings the models suggest.

The decibel values are limits, not suggested values. Use calibration as normal; don't go above -30 dB. (which would, in this case, be anything closer to 0.)
(12-29-2013, 05:01 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I get these readings from using FrequenSee on my phone while I am playing the program on the phone I am reading for, and then using settings the models suggest.

The decibel values are limits, not suggested values. Use calibration as normal; don't go above -30 dB. (which would, in this case, be anything closer to 0.)

Cool, thanks. I'll just stick with what I've been doing.
When I check with FrequenSee I have seen I am listeing around -30 db and 18/19 K is that ok ? just asking after 20 there isnt any more bar as far as I have seen .

Thanks
Jonathan
The settings for encoding to mp3 do not allow me to encode higher than 23 kHz, and for use on a CD, 20 kHz is the cutoff. So I use 20 kHz as a cutoff, since it makes no difference to impact. You're seeing an overly thick moving like representing on a chart that makes it hard to get a precise reading, but it's centered at 17.5 kHz. You're fine.
(01-04-2014, 01:14 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]The settings for encoding to mp3 do not allow me to encode higher than 23 kHz, and for use on a CD, 20 kHz is the cutoff. So I use 20 kHz as a cutoff, since it makes no difference to impact. You're seeing an overly thick moving like representing on a chart that makes it hard to get a precise reading, but it's centered at 17.5 kHz. You're fine.

Thanks Shannon. Wish everyone thinks business the way you serve, world would be much easier to survive. Smile

Jonathan