Subliminal Talk

Full Version: How Does BASS Affect Overall Listening?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHANNON or any other,

i have been wondering if or how does BASS affect listening to the products?

i see some speakers that declare that they have FULL BASS and others downplay it.

does BASS have anything significant thing to do with listening and its effects on the subs?

thank you.
The only issue is that typically, a speaker will have a specific range of frequency response. The more than range stretches and the bigger the drivers, the more expensive it is to make. This means that it is often true that the lower you go on speakers for bass reproduction, the more the manufacturer will chop off the high end frequencies. So you may find a speaker that is capable of reproducing audio down to the human auditory detection floor, which is typically 10 Hz for most people, but in those cases (shy of headphones) the top end may be reduced to 18 kHz or less and make those speakers unsuitable for use with ultrasonics.

Because headphones use smaller drivers, it is feasible to create them with a range as much as 6 Hz at the lowest all the way up to 32 Hz, depending on how much you're willing to spend.

Aside from this, bass does not affect subliminals.
thank you, SHANNON.

getting ready for the big one here -- AM6.

and i think i found the perfect speakers -- SOUNDFREAQ Sound Kick!!

2014 is going to be awesome!!