Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Darken Your Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since there is already an experimental sub to lighten your skin, how about one to darken it? Considering the millions of people who like to sun bathe or visit tanning salons, this could be a very popular sub, particularly for those of us who live in colder climates.

For most people, their skin has the natural ability to darken within a few hours after moderate exposure to UV light. So imagine looping this sub while you sleep, and then waking up 8 hours later with a healthy tan! Besides having a cosmetic benefit, this could also safely increase the body's natural resistance to UV damage, which would reduce the risk of sunburn and skin cancer.
Subliminal tanning would be awesome.... But is it possible?
As it increase the body's natural resistance to UV damage, so would it not also increase the risk of Vitamin D deficiency?

It should be possible. Fullbody tan with no lines. It will be nice.
I believe I now understand enough to make lightening and darkening the skin a possibility. I just have to have the time to get to it first.
(01-18-2014, 02:56 PM)Elusive Wrote: [ -> ]As it increase the body's natural resistance to UV damage, so would it not also increase the risk of Vitamin D deficiency?
Most people would benefit from taking a vitamin D supplement anyway. I don't believe that it is a good idea to depend on the variable amounts of sunlight we get, especially now that people are using sunscreen more. Something like half of all people are deficient and the majority have well below optimum levels of vitamin D.
Anyone who regularly uses sunscreen has an increased risk of vitamin D deficiency. But since developing a dark, natural tan will reduce or eliminate the need for sunscreen, the net effect on vitamin D synthesis for those people might actually improve.