Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Several questions for Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Shannon! Below you will find several questions about the subs.
There's an email I sent to the other shop but didn't get any response yet and another question concerning the static sounds when using the subs.
Andrew kindly informed me well enough but reading the forum I got confused about what to do because many people seems to have worries about their sounds and the statics. Just to make sure I'm not losing my time doing something wrong I'd like Shannon's pro advice.

question 1:

Hi Shannon,

I have a question for you. What follows is an excerpt of my mails with Andrew regarding a question about Lulu's Overcome Social Anxiety:
"I do not know if it is the same as I do not control the LuLu sales and you would have to contact Shannon ([email protected]). I do know the one on our download site (subliminal-shop) is the 3g version and the same.
I recall him saying a fair amount of the MP3's on LuLu were the older 2g, but he may have changed that, but you'd have to ask him."

I'm a little bit bummed because like Andrew said apparently you have "Overcome social anxiety" available for download on your site subliminal-shop. When I looked up what you got on Lulu and saw Overcome social anxiety I checked if it was available
on subliminal-shop in 3g version... but the only subliminal I could find is '"overcome anxiety" but no Overcome "Social" anxiety. http://subliminal-shop.com/fears-and-pho...xiety.html

Is the Lulu's version of Overcome Social anxiety the 3g version? if not, is the version I ended up with as effective as a 3g? if not, Could I have the 3g version instead of the one I got?

Question 2:

I'm listening your subliminals with an Ipod, a laptop and this headphone :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXD200-MDR-...B0007N55NW

here's below the details. Could you tell me if it's good enough? (Andrew told me that it was good enough and I thought the same but I can still hear static sounds like the old CRT Television and I'm sure I don't have special sensitive hearing.

* Product Description: Sony MDR XD200 - headphones
* Product Type: Headphones - wired
* Recommended Use: Professional audio system, home audio system
* Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural
* Headphones Form Factor: Ear-cup
* Connectivity Technology: Wired
* Sound Output Mode: Stereo
* Response Bandwidth: 10 - 22000 Hz

question 3:

there I'm very worried and I need a complete and detailed answer please because I'm afraid I'm losing my time for nothing.
In brief: - VLC doesn't work for me! crackling, horrible sound, it clearly cannot stand the ultrasonic in my experience. So I'm using WMP because when I use WMP I dodn't have crackling and distorted sounds. I just have this static, old CRT tv sound.
- I have many problem being sure wether I set the ultrasonic volume level right or not, even aftr reading the forum and the sheet that comes with the ultrasonic products.

Using WMP reduces my chances for the ultrasonic to work correctly?

To be sure I set perfectly the volume for the ultrasonic, both on my IPOD nano and on my laptop using WMP, can I simply set the volume until I barely hear the static?
Is it better to set the volume in order to hear strongly the static or faintly or not at all?

Please I realise that's a lot of question but I'm really confused.

Regards

When using VLC never put it above 100% volume. Adjust the volume on the computer and/or speakers. Anything above 100% on VLC is artificial and will produce artifacts. I thought we had overcome social anxiety on this site, it's possible he changed it to "Socializing is only a fun game". I'll check up. The rest I'll respectfully leave to Shannon.
Hi! thanks for the answer!

Well, even with the volume of the computer fairly low (too low in my opinion) and VLC under 50% and under the terrible cracklings and distorsions are there. It's definitely not working at all... and my laptop is good enough! My take is that the old CRT tv-like sound is a good sign that the whole system and player can handle the ultrasonic...however in my experience VLC isn't capable of that. The CRT sound simply isn't there anymore and is replaced by these defectuous sounds I just described.
Up to now, only my ipod nano and WMP on my laptop avoid the distortions and crackilng sounds.
If Shannon changed "overcome social anxiety" to "socializing is only a fun game" ( I like this title ), I'd suggest you add in brackets "overcome social anxiety" in the title.
For someone looking for social anxiety products "socializing is only a fun game" is very appealing but "overcome social anxiety" is even more relevant and compelling of course.
Hey Sub,

I agree with you, I thought Socializing is a Fun game was just to improve your social skills not necessarily remove social anxiety completely. I agree, it's a horrible thing to have. I would definitely recommend checking out Absolute Self Confidence to compliment it, it's a great program and free!
Hi Ryan!

I'm using Absolute self confidence along with the Alpha male.
Not that I want to be a man of "power" but if the Alpha male gives me more social ease it'll be just enough!

Thanks for your comment!
I'm sure Alpha Male will do the trick, it'll take time but when you're done you'll feel perfectly comfortable in social situations, in fact, approaching people apparently is a huge part of the program. I remember back when I was doing affirmations I did one for a while "I am a dominant alpha male" and I was a completely different person (from quiet/awkward guy who would never talk to life of the party--everyone listened when I spoke even if it was very little). Not only will it change how you view yourself but how you interact with others as well. Really aggressive and social, after all, you can't be alpha and be uncomfortable in social situations, the two contradict each other. From what I've seen us quiet guys develop a quiet confidence (think James Bond) nothing wrong with that ;P I'm sure you'll enjoy it Smile
Good to know it's working for you! That's encouraging to read that! Smile
Quote:Is the Lulu's version of Overcome Social anxiety the 3g version? if not, is the version I ended up with as effective as a 3g? if not, Could I have the 3g version instead of the one I got?
Social anxiety isn't light anxiety as you may know, so my concern is that I'd like to have the most up-to-date and effective version of ultrasonic you made about social anxiety.

If your download is not specifically labeled as 3G, it is 2G. I'll be glad to update for you. Guess I am going to have to update all of what's offered on Lulu, too, come to think of it.

Quote:Question 2:

I'm listening your subliminals with an Ipod, a laptop and this headphone :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXD200-MDR-...B0007N55NW

here's below the details. Could you tell me if it's good enough? (Andrew told me that it was good enough and I thought the same but I can still hear static sounds like the old CRT Television and I'm sure I don't have special sensitive hearing.

* Product Description: Sony MDR XD200 - headphones
* Product Type: Headphones - wired
* Recommended Use: Professional audio system, home audio system
* Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural
* Headphones Form Factor: Ear-cup
* Connectivity Technology: Wired
* Sound Output Mode: Stereo
* Response Bandwidth: 10 - 22000 Hz

You should not be using headphones to listen to ultrasonics. If you must, it's a good idea to reduce the volume some.

Quote:question 3:

there I'm very worried and I need a complete and detailed answer please because I'm afraid I'm losing my time for nothing.
In brief: - VLC doesn't work for me! crackling, horrible sound, it clearly cannot stand the ultrasonic in my experience. So I'm using WMP because when I use WMP I dodn't have crackling and distorted sounds. I just have this static, old CRT tv sound.
- I have many problem being sure wether I set the ultrasonic volume level right or not, even aftr reading the forum and the sheet that comes with the ultrasonic products.

Using WMP reduces my chances for the ultrasonic to work correctly?

If you get those responses, your equipment cannot handle playing ultrasonics. Use the masked version instead, or play them on something else that can handle ultrasonics.

Quote:To be sure I set perfectly the volume for the ultrasonic, both on my IPOD nano and on my laptop using WMP, can I simply set the volume until I barely hear the static?
Is it better to set the volume in order to hear strongly the static or faintly or not at all?

Please I realise that's a lot of question but I'm really confused and I'm in my third week in ALPHA MALE and Absolute self confidence. After 32 days of ASC I'll switch it for Overcome social anxiety.

Regards

Steve
[/quote]

That depends on the volume you end up with. It should play at a normal volume for audible audio without crackling or static. Anything from Apple should be able to play it just fine. If not, then your software or speakers/headphones may be at fault.

Please give me some more specifics as to your setup. I know your headphones are more than capable, and VLC can handle it. Apple's stuff should play it no sweat.
Hi Shannon! Here's the detailed description of my laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...ct=4036237

I imagine it's not a monster engine but I think it's powerful enough for ultrasonics am I wrong?

I should not use headphones for ultrasonics? Damn, I've been using the headphones all day long since I started ! In fact I like it that way it's more convenient for me when I work on my laptop. Should I forget the headphones or are you telling me that just because ultrasonics could impaired my hearing? In this case I always set the volume until I faintly hear the ultrasonics. I really had the impression that it worked best because the sounds are going right into the ears. However at night I'm listening via a stereo set of old Rollmaster speakers!
(on these speakers I cannot tell much because I couldn't find the details on the web nor any products from them! I guess it's an unknown brand.)

I got two three ways of listenign to the ultrasonics throughout the day, namely:

1) Listening with my Ipod nano and my Sony headphones. (here I always set the volume by lowering it until the CRT TV-like static sound is just a little bit audible. Besides, the "limit volume" setting in the option of my ipod is set to maximum.)

2) Listening on my Laptop using WMP. ( here the volume setting of my system is set fairly low, under 50% and WMP is set on 17% with ASC and the Alpha male set and around 10% with overcome social anxiety but yet I hear the static, not high enough to give me headaches but I hear them and it's not because of hyper sensitive hearing in my opinion. 10% because it seems you recorded this ultasonics at a higher volume at the time of the mastering. Overcome social anxiety has been recorded at a higher basic volume than ASC and the Alpha set apparently.)
Unfortunately VLC just crackles on my laptop when using the ultrasonics and whatever the volume.

3) When I sleep I'm listening with the Rollmaster speakers using my ipod nano. I set the volume either using a song or untile a barely hear the statics. I put the speakers just at the level of my head just besides the top of the bed.

Well, that's about it for my setup.
If you could tell me what speakers to buy that'd be great!... I know about these capsule speakers http://www.compexshop.eu/images/mini21.jpg but they aren't stereo apparently.
There are these ones too, they come in two speakers when you buy them but the Response Bandwidth is: 200 - 18000Hz http://coolmaterial.com/wp-content/uploa...eakers.jpg
so It's not ok!

and come to think it, what are you using yourself?

Thanks
I made a mistake when writing: I got two three ways!
I meant three ways of course.
And by the way, yes my "overcome social anxiety" is 2g then!
This forum looks much better that way in my opinion! Smile
I agree subtest

I want to add one thing to the question,
when you say you shouldnt play ultrasonics using headphones and if you should turn the volume down,

arent the masked and ultrasonic versions at the same volume level?
(08-28-2010, 02:13 PM)Malaki Wrote: [ -> ]I agree subtest

I want to add one thing to the question,
when you say you shouldnt play ultrasonics using headphones and if you should turn the volume down,

arent the masked and ultrasonic versions at the same volume level?

They are designed to be the same volume. However, if you cannot readily hear the audio, the volume can become problematic if it is accidentally set too high or too low. Too high can be dangerous for your hearing; I suggest not using headphones because most people I have encountered play their music too loud to be safe for long term use on a headset. Earbuds are even worse.

Subtest, please bear with me on all this stuff. You might want to send me a PM to remind me about the 3rd Gen stuff. Wink
Hi Shannon! I sent you a PM as you will discover but I think there might have been a misunderstanding since the beginning of this thread!
In fact I'm asking you for a free 3g update of "ovecome social anxiety"!
As soon as I get the 3g, the 2g is of no use to me. Things wasn't clear, I bought the product hoping it would be a 3g! I would never had bought this 2g version if I knew it wasn't the 3g!
Are you ok with my request Shannon? Would you give me a free update?
If you're not ok could let me know where to buy the 3g of Overcome social anxiety please?

Also I'd like to ask another question to Shannon or Andrew or any other people that might know already the answer.
I have begun the second month of Alpha Male and I realised that the recording number 2 is fairly silent compared to the first one. I mean of course if you pump up the volume of recording number 2
you can hear the statics (which I suppose is the subliminal speech ) like in recording number 1...
but in recording one there are also weird sounds ( the sound is similar to an electronic version of someone sweeping a window ^^ ) that doesn't appear in recording 2. Are these sounds glitches?
At night when sleeping, recording 2 is much better because I hear nothing whereas with number 1 sleeping with these little sounds even at low volume was a little bit disturbing. I know you regularly improve the Alpha set so I thought I'd report this fact.

Regards Wink
(09-06-2010, 04:10 AM)subtest Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon! I sent you a PM as you will discover but I think there might have been a misunderstanding since the beginning of this thread!
In fact I'm asking you for a free 3g update of "ovecome social anxiety"!
As soon as I get the 3g, the 2g is of no use to me. Things wasn't clear, I bought the product hoping it would be a 3g! I would never had bought this 2g version if I knew it wasn't the 3g!
Are you ok with my request Shannon? Would you give me a free update?
If you're not ok could let me know where to buy the 3g of Overcome social anxiety please?

Also I'd like to ask another question to Shannon or Andrew or any other people that might know already the answer.
I have begun the second month of Alpha Male and I realised that the recording number 2 is fairly silent compared to the first one. I mean of course if you pump up the volume of recording number 2
you can hear the statics (which I suppose is the subliminal speech ) like in recording number 1...
but in recording one there are also weird sounds ( the sound is similar to an electronic version of someone sweeping a window ^^ ) that doesn't appear in recording 2. Are these sounds glitches?
At night when sleeping, recording 2 is much better because I hear nothing whereas with number 1 sleeping with these little sounds even at low volume was a little bit disturbing. I know you regularly improve the Alpha set so I thought I'd report this fact.

Regards Wink

I'll have to send you that 3G version. send me a PM with your e-mail address, please.

As for the strange sounds you report... I have not heard them when I used the alpha set... which version are you currently using?
Pages: 1 2