Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Driving test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will shannon add a driving test subliminal? as I been looking all over online and can't seem to find a good one or if anyone can recommend one on different site? as I have already failed 3 times, and nerve and all sorts get the better of me, here in the uk test is so hard Sad
Anyone?
I suggested a expert/better driver type sub awhile back. Is it that you are not a good driver or is it just the nerves? If it's the latter maybe you should give overcome anxiety a try.
I have a hard time concentrating for long periods of time is an issue, my instructor says after a while I tend to switch off which is an issue, but she says when I am focus I drive really well, just need to keep up the focus and concentration and drive the best I can, as I have failed 3times now and they are silly things what I already learnt, I also get quite nervous too, fear I am gonna fail Sad I cried when I failed the third time round as I was so close Sad well don't know why shannon doesnt do a driving one to make you a safe and confident driver? as I really need that unless someone can PM me and tell me another site that does driving ones?
Hey pixie dust, maybe the free Absolute Self Confidence would help with your confidence issues.

There is also a Laserlike Focus & Concentration subliminal, but I don't think that would be especially appropriate for driving, as it's purpose is to develop a more single-pointed focus. Safe driving requires an attention that is more open, inclusive, and flexible.

Most drivers on the road simply “fall in” behind the car in front of them, and then switch to “automatic pilot,” which I would guess is also the cause of your switching off. Safe driving is very active.

The pre-trip: Make sure all the vehicle's mirrors are adjusted properly, especially checking that the side mirrors will show what's in your blind spot. Make sure the seat is adjusted properly for your frame. Seat belt on.

Driving: If you are not behind another car, make sure you are scanning down the road ahead for activity/obstacles/pedestrians, etc. Don't just be looking 30 feet in front of your vehicle. If you are behind another car, maintain a safe following distance (that is, if the car in front of you made a sudden stop, would you be able to stop without hitting them?)

Be aware of what's in front of the vehicle in front of you. Are they tailgating the vehicle in front of them? Are you following a large truck that you can't see around? If so, you may want to increase your following distance.

Is there a car behind you that is following too close? You definitely would want to avoid slamming on your brakes in that case. If you're on a four-lane road, is there a vehicle in the lane next to you in your blind spot? If the car in front of you made a sudden stop, or something unexpected appeared in your travel path, do you have a clear, safe alternate route to avoid it?

Are you approaching an intersection, school zone, or railroad crossing?

Does that other driver/pedestrian see you?

You need to stay vigilant, keep your eyes moving, keep checking your mirrors, and be prepared for the unexpected. If you start to develop driving habits around these practices, you should be fully engaged while driving, no more switching off.