Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Hearing concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have been listening to subliminals over half a year already. I can thank Shannon enough for the amazing results they bring. But as I listen more intensely to the ultrasonic sub I have found that I'm losing my hearing. Everything becomes sort of blurry when I listen to the subs overnight. I am using iPad plugged with stereo speakers and can hear the "buzz" sounds at a normal range. I am pretty sure that my speakers meet the requirement and I can only hear nothing when the volume is being turned exceptionally small. I am not sure if I have very sensitive hearing, because compared to my sister who doesn't listen to music as much she has much better hearing distance. (or is sensitivity and hearing range unrelated...? I am not sure) When I turn the volume small, my ears feel more relaxed can hear better the next day, but I am not sure if that will decrease the effect of subs. So my concern is, would the sub still be effective even if I turn the volume really small (like about 10%)? Or would the sub be ok at its volume now while I can hear the buzz sound? I hope the ultrasonic sound does not damage my hearing permanently.

Thanks for the answer

jake
If you think are having any negative effects to your hearing, I would first question you as to how you arrived at the volume you use for the program. Did you calibrate it as specified in the instructions?

Second, if the ultrasonic program is actually affecting your hearing, and not something else, and you have properly calibrated volume, then there are two simple solutions. First is... don't use the ultrasonic track. Second is, lower the volume.

The masked track uses volume differencing, meaning that the script audio is hidden in the masking sounds at a lower volume. The subconscious can hear and decipher things down to about -80 dB from the masking sounds, but I don't use anything anywhere near that faint for my masking difference. You should be able to get results with the volume of an ultrasonic at about 10 or 15% because of the subconscious mind's ability to hear it regardless, but my experiments show that volume may influence the impact a program has.

I recommend that you simply switch to a masked format.
Just checking... when listening to a masked track, I just need to keep it loud enough to hear the smallest waves right?
(09-08-2013, 06:39 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If you think are having any negative effects to your hearing, I would first question you as to how you arrived at the volume you use for the program. Did you calibrate it as specified in the instructions?

Second, if the ultrasonic program is actually affecting your hearing, and not something else, and you have properly calibrated volume, then there are two simple solutions. First is... don't use the ultrasonic track. Second is, lower the volume.

The masked track uses volume differencing, meaning that the script audio is hidden in the masking sounds at a lower volume. The subconscious can hear and decipher things down to about -80 dB from the masking sounds, but I don't use anything anywhere near that faint for my masking difference. You should be able to get results with the volume of an ultrasonic at about 10 or 15% because of the subconscious mind's ability to hear it regardless, but my experiments show that volume may influence the impact a program has.

I recommend that you simply switch to a masked format.

Thanks Shannon. Now I think about it would it be related to my age as well? I'm only 19. They say that younger people have more sensitive hearings. Would it be possible that as I get older I will be more okay with listening? I really like the ultrasubs, especially during night time because I can't sleep well under masked tracks.