Subliminal Talk

Full Version: AM 6.0 Level 1 and 2 vs stand alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you made a decision yet about this Shannon ?

Sometime ago you where considering making AM 5 level 1 and releasing AM 6 as level 2, basically forcing everyone to go through level 1 in order to get the full benefits. (even people who are quite naturally alpha would thus be required to spent 6 months before being able to get to the 'rough' stuff)

Then I recall you backtracking on that idea to release AM 6 as a stand alone with AM 5 as a "suggested preparation" but not a requirement ? If it is released in this way, would we be able to get the full benefits from simply running AM 6 ? It might hit harder and for some people may be impossible to handle without doing an AM5 run first, but I would guess that depends on the person..
I am not currently focused on AM5/6 and I have to "reload" all the data into my brain before I can determine what makes the most sense to do with it. The reason I originally was going for AM 5 being Level 1 and AM 6 being Level 2 was that AM 5 is already so intense that even people who are "naturally alpha" have a lot of challenge and growth from using the program, and a 5G optimized version would be several times more intense on top of that. The goal is not to be so overwhelming that people just can't make it through and quit... the goal is to achieve the goal. Doing it in stages makes the most sense for that.

On the other hand, it drives me up a wall that I do not have OGSF in AM 5, and that Level 1 is going to be where it is most needed. So if I rebuild AM5 to include it, I might as well just go one program and release AM6 by itself.

I haven't figured it out yet, and doing so will have to wait a little bit. Part of why I put it down was that my models kept showing me no way forward that would work. Time makes changes, and when I come back to it, I'll be able to use my models to find an effective and successful way forward, whichever path I end up taking.

AM 5 was designed to be the last AM release. AM 6 has to take that into account if I release both as levels, so just jumping into AM6 would not be advisable in that case. Of course someone will do it, and then have to backtrack because they insisted on learning the hard way... but hey, I can't make people follow the instructions, I guess.
OGSF should make it easier by removing the loose and destructive live wire that is guilt, shame, and fear. [/quote]
(09-04-2013, 05:48 PM)TheGraduate Wrote: [ -> ]OGSF should make it easier by removing the loose and destructive live wire that is guilt, shame, and fear.

Yeah I would think so too. In fact, a lot of my changes I KNOW could be better if only I could get rid of my GSF, or have it so that GSF about turning into an AM (and everything you are doing) is worked through.
At the moment, I think the best thing to do is offer you guys two options. It looks like I am going to leave AM 5.0 up as one option, and suggest that it be used first. I'm also going to have AM 6.0 up, and have that be the suggested "second level", but I'll try to design it to work with or without using AM 5.0 first.

AM 5.0 is in 4G, and it does not include OGSF but it's a hell of a good program regardless, and it's challenging for most guys to finish even as is. 6.0 should be a lot more intense and challenging. If you think you can handle it, go for it. That's my current aim.
Strangely enough I found AM2011 far more challenging than AM5.0, AM5 was actually not bad at all. If AM6 is anything like AM2011, it'll be fine.

Though AM5 definitely has more improvement for me
AM6 is going to be designed to both be more intense and challenging, and easier to handle. I don't know where it will come out... more or less challenging, but it will definitely be more powerful than AM5.
(09-07-2013, 04:26 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, I think the best thing to do is offer you guys two options. It looks like I am going to leave AM 5.0 up as one option, and suggest that it be used first. I'm also going to have AM 6.0 up, and have that be the suggested "second level", but I'll try to design it to work with or without using AM 5.0 first.

AM 5.0 is in 4G, and it does not include OGSF but it's a hell of a good program regardless, and it's challenging for most guys to finish even as is. 6.0 should be a lot more intense and challenging. If you think you can handle it, go for it. That's my current aim.

I think this would be the best way to do it.

Is it still planned for a september/early october release?
I'm going to release it as soon as possible. I'm focusing on SM3 first, and that is coming to completion script work wise. So it shouldn't be long before I am actually building SM3, which should take me a week or two to accomplish once I have finished adjusting the script.