Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Masked subliminals: does quality of speakers and headphones matter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all,

I was wondering; if I listen only to the masked subliminals and not to the ultrasonics, does the quality of headphones and speakers matter then?

I hope not as my computer speakers only go up to 18Khz.

thanks,
Rick
Anyone?
Shannon?
(08-29-2013, 02:30 PM)vossman Wrote: [ -> ]try this

http://subliminal-shop.com/faq/?account=...e&id=89853

Quote:The quick and easy test to see if they are capable of playing both masked and ultrasonic subliminals is to visit our free products page and download our Speaker Test file. If you hear no static, but the audio fades out near the end, you should be fine.

Thanks Vossman,

Unfortunately this issue is still not clear for meSad

I downloaded the file and I hear statics. Which conclusion shoud I take?

1. My equipment is not good enough for the ultrasonics
2. my equipment is not goed enough for both the ultrasonics and the masked subliminals.

As I understand this my speakers and headphones are not capable of playing ultrasonics but are good enough for playing masked subliminals.
Am I right?

Thansk,
Rick
Hey Rick, welcome to the forum! If you look at the FAQ there are more detailed answers for your questions. This will save you time. Generally for you too receive the full affect from the masked and ultrasonic tracks you need stereo speaker that go up to 20 khz. As well as stereo headphones preferably (The new Iphone ones are great). Only listen to masked tracks on headphones and if you are able to put a speaker on either side of your head during the night while you listen that will create a better affect.

Goodluck!

Thanks

Fonzy
(08-29-2013, 10:11 PM)Fonzy3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Rick, welcome to the forum! If you look at the FAQ there are more detailed answers for your questions. This will save you time. Generally for you too receive the full affect from the masked and ultrasonic tracks you need stereo speaker that go up to 20 khz. As well as stereo headphones preferably (The new Iphone ones are great). Only listen to masked tracks on headphones and if you are able to put a speaker on either side of your head during the night while you listen that will create a better affect.

Goodluck!

Thanks

Fonzy

Hi Fonzy,

thanks for your reply. I have read the FAQ section but I cannot find the answer on this specific question:

If I listen to the masked subliminals only (thus not to the ultrasonics) is it OK if I do not have headphones and speakers that go up to 20 Khz?

If this is a problem indeed I have to buy new headphones and speakers, so I hope that this is not necessary.
I am a bit desperate as I have the feeling that I am not able to express what I mean (english is not my first language).

if I look at the product page for the speaker tests it says:

"This file is designed to help you determine whether or not your speakers meet the minimum requirements for playing our ultrasonic subliminals, which require a minimum upper frequency response of 20 kHz from your speakers"

So I assume these are only the minimum requirements for playing ultrasonic subliminals and not for the masked subliminals. Am I right?
You are right but for the best results you would want to have your speakers at 20khz. You will still get some results from the masked track playing but not from the ultrasonic.

The same concept goes with the headphones, you dont have to worry about the khz with them because you will only be listening to masked tracks but having the as "Stereo" type will be more effective. The headphones will also be more affective having them over both ears as you will have both of your brain hemispheres working this way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Fonzy
Thanks!
I tested the audio on my low quality speakers (to 18khz) and on my cheap headphones and I only heard the very high sound and no statc or crackling so I assume my speakers and headphones are even allright for ultrasonics.

But I am happy that I do not have to buy new speakers and headphones for listening to the masked subliminals.