Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Shannon: Brainwave Entrainment vs. Meditiation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I'm still new to all of this, please explain to me the differences and / or similarities of the two products in question.
One thread in this section deals with using BE w/ subliminals (ultrasonic, I presume).
I toyed with the 5th Meditation track today. It may have been coincidence but I nearly fell asleep during the middle part. As the frequency increased, I began to wake up. While it was playing via iTunes, I had my ultrasonic subs playing in loop via VLC. As far as I can tell, my soundcard allows me to play multiple audio streams so I'm sure I was getting exposed to the ultrasonic sub via VLC as the meditation track played via iTunes.

I have heard about the subliminals being possibly more effective if one is in a meditative (for lack of a better word) state vs in a normal state.
I'm listening to this with high quality headphones (Sony MDR-V6) that have a very hot treble so no treble boost necessary with most music, lol.
(07-18-2010, 05:10 PM)ronatello Wrote: [ -> ]As I'm still new to all of this, please explain to me the differences and / or similarities of the two products in question.
One thread in this section deals with using BE w/ subliminals (ultrasonic, I presume).
I toyed with the 5th Meditation track today. It may have been coincidence but I nearly fell asleep during the middle part. As the frequency increased, I began to wake up. While it was playing via iTunes, I had my ultrasonic subs playing in loop via VLC. As far as I can tell, my soundcard allows me to play multiple audio streams so I'm sure I was getting exposed to the ultrasonic sub via VLC as the meditation track played via iTunes.

I have heard about the subliminals being possibly more effective if one is in a meditative (for lack of a better word) state vs in a normal state.
I'm listening to this with high quality headphones (Sony MDR-V6) that have a very hot treble so no treble boost necessary with most music, lol.

Do you mean the difference between the 'Core states of awareness' product and the 'meditation' one?Both are brainwave entrainment products. The core states of awareness has Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta tracks all half an hour long. Unlike in the meditation pack there is no change in frequency during the tracks, they are all at a set frequency. The meditation kit has tracks from Alpha to Delta, and they are a full hour long with the frequency changing to gradually slide you in, and eventually bring you out of the meditation. That I think is the key difference.
The brainwave exploration set is a basic, simplified version of the meditation set, intended to give you a taste of how it works, if it works for you, and what it feels like. It only offers one frequency per state of awareness, which is typically the median frequency for that state.

The meditation set gives you a lot more options, and is designed to be more helpful in various ways too. It will perform a rapid induction, and then wake you up at the end. It also uses specialty frequencies which are usually more interesting, effective, and feel better.