Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Growth Mindset for Children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon,

My child’s school is incorporating growth mindset ideas into their curriculum. There is a book associated with these ideas. The book itself is quite long and one of the issues for me personally is paring this down in a simple and effective approach we can implement at home.

Below is a link that summarizes the concepts put forth in the entire book in a one page article. http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/c...t010.shtml

What are your thoughts around developing a growth mindset tool that would be suitable for children that focuses on continual development of intelligence and skills based on effort?

As a parent I want to help my child develop a love of learning and help her embrace new skills and try new things. I find myself wondering the best approach to take when she gets frustrated and gives up because she thinks she cannot do something.

Perhaps there are other parents out there who have been pursuing self development for themselves that are looking for ways to help their kids be open to new ideas and not give up.

Thank you for taking a look.
JJS