Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was talking with my dad today, he mentioned someone who came out of a coma with a French accent. They're totally not French, nor can they even speak French, but since their accident everybody has thought they were French because they had a French accent.

I've heard of cases like this before but it got me thinking, it seems like languages are hardwired in the brain already before it is 'learned'.

So my suggestion is an experimental sub that does not increase your learning of a language per se (as the existing subs do, and do well) but that tells your subconscious to allow access to all the languages hidden back there in the brain. Perhaps the scripting could be something like, "I am fluent in every language" and "I now have unlimited access to all the languages in my sub-conscious and understand them all perfectly and can speak them all fluently".

So it may be that when we're born we have a checklist of languages in your mind, all the 'software' is there already; and then as you grow up and learn a language your mind 'ticks the box' and allows access to that language. What we need is a sub that tells your mind to tick all the boxes.

I think Shannon, you've talked about this already and know what I'm talking about. What are your thoughts? Did you ever make such a sub, even in 1G, back in the day?