Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the lowest volume on my iPhone sufficient for exposure? (I'm using earbuds)

I have to use the masked track since I often have girls sleeping in my room. Smile
Plus, it's difficult to sleep if the track is too loud.
Based on some of Shannon's posts the ideal volume for headphones would the highest you can stand comfortably without it being loud enough to cause hearing damage. I think the ideal volume with headphones would be about 30% - 50%. Should be on the lower end if you're wearing them for an extended time frame. The lowest volume on an iPhone will give you results if you can hear all parts of it clearly on the ocean track but maybe not the maximum impact as it would have at a higher volume. Hope that helps.
Are u talking about silent?
In silent I first tune it high until I start hearing crackling sound and then keep reducing the volume until the crackling sounds go away.

For masked version I like the trickling stream version... I use what's comfortable with using phones.
What about if I have my fan going all night? It drowns out the sub, but since I'm wearing earbuds will it interfere?

I'm just curious because I find it incredibly difficult to sleep with any other sounds other than my fan.

I would use speakers and ultrasonics, but once again, I often have women sleeping in my room so it's a no-go.
In my headphone I use around 23% of the volume.
In my phone earbuds. I started with lowest end and keep increasing until I am at decent volume (enough to listen to music and other people).
Forgive me for being a little curt, but... How is it that as many times as I have answered these questions, they're still being asked? Have you read the instructions on how to calibrate the volume? And not to use ultrasonics with headphones or earbuds? Just calibrate the volume as instructed.
Shannon I have read the instructions and just need to verify because I don't want to have the track being ineffective. My coach recommended this program for me and he told me I was playing the track too loudly if I can hear the faint voices in the background. Is he correct???
I want to put this program to great use but don't want to be using the material wrong.
thanks for your response
I am going to have to guess at how you are using it to answer.

If you're using the ultrasonic track, you should not hear voices. If the volume is much too high, you might hear statick or faint voices.

If you're using a masked track, and headphones, then occasionally you may hear faint voices, but you should not hear them all the time and you will not be able to make out what they're saying. The new trickling stream track seems to have trouble masking the voices as effectively, but as long as you are using the masking track at a comfortable volume it will work. You do not need to hear any voices consciously for the program to work, if that is what you are wondering.
Okay sorry I wasn't specific.i currently use only the trickling stream and the ocean waves tracks.i have not tried the ultrasonic because I don't have a sound system at home.
But that awnsered my question completely.thank you so much!!!i noticed the voices mostly when listening to the trickling stream so now I know I'm calibrating the volume right.