Subliminal Talk

Full Version: People using speakers and their experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know shannon has said that headphones are gr8 for subs. But am expecting a medical test a few weeks later. I want my ears to be in good shape when they have the sound tests.

Also I am not able to place the speakers on both sides of my head but they are kept on my pc facing me at a comfortable volume. I wanted to know if other people have used subs this way and what were their experiences?

I am listening to AM 5 currently.
I lay on my back when I sleep. The speakers are about 2 feet away in line with the top of my head, on my dresser, and are spaced apart so that each is on either side of my head but pointing straight at me rather than tailored to each ear. I did OGSF this way and am on AM 5.0 right now. Seems to work fine.
Yes, but in my case the speakers are at a bigger distance than yours. I guess I will have to see for the results. Only then I will know.
(06-03-2013, 11:56 AM)Astrack Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but in my case the speakers are at a bigger distance than yours. I guess I will have to see for the results. Only then I will know.

So true my friend. Go with your own instinct in as many things as you can in life. Good luck.
I use a laptop. It works fine. In a pinch, even a cell phone works. The headphones will not create issues for your ears unless you play the sub too loudly, just as for anything else. Getting perfect stereo separation is impossible without using headphones, but you can still get very good results.
(06-03-2013, 10:45 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I use a laptop. It works fine. In a pinch, even a cell phone works. The headphones will not create issues for your ears unless you play the sub too loudly, just as for anything else. Getting perfect stereo separation is impossible without using headphones, but you can still get very good results.

Your answer satisfied my curiosity. I was cautious about headphones bcoz in medical tests they test you by playing VERY subtle sounds to your ear. Anyways I am happy. Smile