Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Anyone here play their subs on itunes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was wondering if anyone uses itunes to play their subs? I'm asking because Shannon mentioned in another thread that itunes may convert the audio and strip out the subliminals. Is there any way of checking this Shannon? The format is MPEG-1, Layer 3... is this correct?

Edit : I read somewhere today that mp3 damages the subliminal audio... "The MP3 format, for example, compresses the sound so that nine tenths of it is actually removed! The one tenth remaining comprises only the most "noticeable" sounds."

I was curious to whether there is any truth to this or is this total nonsense?

Many thanks.

John
I would like to read that thread.
The format is either .wav (for the CDs I used to produce) or .mp3 (MPEG-1 Layer 3).

MP3 is very damaging to audio because it is not just a lossy format, but gratuitously so! It throws away some of the stuff you can hear, in adition to what has no value.

That would seem to fly in the face of what I use it for, wouldn't it? But MP3 encoding is not so simple, and if you know what you're doing, you can get it to give you the best of both worlds, given you have the right technology to do so. I wouldn't sell these in .mp3 format if it were a problem. They have been thoroughly analyzed and tested and they work the way I make them. No worries.

Now, that said, trying to encode them yourself would probably be a disaster. I use a special method for doing it, and it's not so simple. Don't try doing it yourself.
Thanks for clarifying that, I was just confused as to why someone would say that because I knew that your subs are in mp3 format and are very high quality.
I play my subliminals through an ipod, and they get onto my ipod via itunes. If you right click the file in itunes you'll see it is exactly the same size as the downloaded file. Also try moving the downloaded file from one folder to another after you've "imported" the file into itunes. Then try clicking on the file in itunes - it won't be able to play it because "the song 'X' could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?", it seems itunes plays directly the original file, it just creates a separate library of 'short-cuts' within itunes. itunes certainly doesn't convert or effect the subliminals in any way.

I have been playing Shannon's subliminals solely through my ipod for about 9-10 months now and they definitely work.
Good to know.