Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Help! Not very computer savvy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi... just made 3 purchases... downloaded them to my 'Music' file in Windows 7... cannot unzip... wants to open with 'Photo Viewer'???

Downloaded them to the 'Desktop'... still wants to open with 'Photo Viewer'???

Looked up unzipping files with Windows 7 and it's fairly uncomplicated, but obviously I'm doing something wrong... could someone please help?

Thanks for your consideration,
Mel Big Grin
I normally use download a trial version of winzip if I want to unzip something. Usually I right click and the winzip option is there. There should be some free options for unzipping stuff as well.

Otherwise when it comes to these zip files carrying the subs I find that I dont need to use software normally. It looks like Shannon made them as accessible as possible. Try right clicking on the file and tell us what options pop up.
Thanks for the help! 'Right Click' options are as follows;

Preview Print Scan Shred Open With Share With Restore Previous Version Send To Cut Copy Create Shortcut Delete Rename Properties

Mel
Solved the problem... 7-Zip Open Source. Worked great and fast! I don't know what the policy is here for posting links so Mods please delete if I've posted in error...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/?source=dlp

This utility is very cool and totally free.

Always be safe and prosperous!

Mel
Alright try downloading 7-Zip from Cnet or some other reputable site. Its free and should work for these files. Right click the file after installing the program and use "Open with" and find 7-Zip from the program directory and click on it before clicking "ok".

Otherwise you can open the program and look for the file in the directory and unzip it that way.
Okay good. If you have any more questions there are many willing to help.