Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Possible issue with IATW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I have several of your programs which I rotate every few weeks. I feel they work very well, and I approached it as a skeptic. I definitely see changes in my perceptions when I use them.

I use the following:
OF
OTVM
AOS (which I haven't used much yet

With each of these, when I play Ocean Waves, I can clearly hear a vocal modulation within the carrier. Most here on the forums refer to it as "mumbling". It is very easy to discern and tangentially gives comfort that something is actually going on.

However, there is not even a trace of that vocal modulation in IATW. It is so obviously absent compared to the others that I find myself wondering if your web store is mistakenly downloading a blank Ocean Waves template instead of the actual program.

Would you mind checking that out? I know such mistakes can happen from time to time and I think it's worthy of investigation given the obviousness of the difference when listening with headphones.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
What you hear isn't vocal modulation. There's no modulation applied to the masked subliminals at all. (Unless I am misunderstanding modulation, vocoding is not modulation.) What you hear in some, but not all programs is the actual subliminalized speech. It is mumbling to the conscious mind because it cannot be comprehended. It is in some programs, but not all, because of the volume differential in use.

It has in some cases been slightly different than the norm because of an unexpected change in volume settings outside my normal volume control chain. In some cases, it also happens to be easier to detect in certain cover sounds than others; for instance, at the standard volume difference between cover and subliminal speech track, I cannot hear the vocals at all when they are embedded in the ocean surf track, but I can faintly hear the difference if I turn mute them while playing the trickling stream cover track. This is with my studio headphones on, by the way.

In any case, there will be no difference in the effectiveness of the subliminal. I use a volume differential that is very, very far from what the lower limits of subconscious perception are. So if it goes down a few decibels relative to the mask, and disappears from conscious detection, it will still be perfectly useful.