Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I found some headphones that really surprised me, both in the specs and the price. They are "Ear Pollution" Mogul headphones, by iFROGZ.

What surprised me was the specs. I have never seen speca like these before, at any price!

Frequency response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz!!! (Human hearing ranges from a lower limit of 16 Hz to an upper limit of 24 kHz, and those are the extreme limits... not everyone can hear that low, or anywhere near that high.)
Driver Unit: 50 mm neodynium magnets
Impedance: 32 Ohms
Sensitivity: 115 dB +/- 3dB

Now honestly, I don't know whether the specs other than frequency response are all that impressive, but that frequency response is by far the widest I have ever seen, and I have looked around. These headphones can accurately reproduce ALL of what I produce, even the extended frequency ceiling on some of the more recent programs. And the sound is very good.

So I am going to suggest that for anyone who really is serious about using headphones, that you look into a pair of these. They are DJ style over ear headphones, 1/8th inch jack and 1/4" jack adapter.

And almost as surprising: they were $49.95 USD. Amazon has them in different colors for as low as $44.95. Definitely worth a look.
I wonder if the Frequency Range is a typo? I looked on Amazon today at several different colors and styles of these headphones and it states the specs as:

Driver Unit: 50mm neodymium - Impedance: 32 ohms - Sensitivity: 105dB+/-3dB at 1KHz - Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 20 kHz - Cord Length: 1.5 meters
(03-21-2013, 07:41 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Today I found some headphones that really surprised me, both in the specs and the price. They are "Ear Pollution" Mogul headphones, by iFROGZ.

What surprised me was the specs. I have never seen speca like these before, at any price!

Frequency response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz!!! (Human hearing ranges from a lower limit of 16 Hz to an upper limit of 24 kHz, and those are the extreme limits... not everyone can hear that low, or anywhere near that high.)
Driver Unit: 50 mm neodynium magnets
Impedance: 32 Ohms
Sensitivity: 115 dB +/- 3dB

Now honestly, I don't know whether the specs other than frequency response are all that impressive, but that frequency response is by far the widest I have ever seen, and I have looked around. These headphones can accurately reproduce ALL of what I produce, even the extended frequency ceiling on some of the more recent programs. And the sound is very good.

So I am going to suggest that for anyone who really is serious about using headphones, that you look into a pair of these. They are DJ style over ear headphones, 1/8th inch jack and 1/4" jack adapter.

And almost as surprising: they were $49.95 USD. Amazon has them in different colors for as low as $44.95. Definitely worth a look.
î

I looked these up here are the specs.Product Details
RESERVED_PRODUCT_TITLE: iFrogz EarPollution Mogul Headband Headphones - Stealth
Additional Information about iFrogz EarPollution Mogul Headband Headphones - Stealth

Product Highlights
Video

Product Identifiers
Brand iFrogz
Model EarPollution Mogul
MPN EP-MG-STH
UPC 811275015039

Features
Fit Design Headband
Earpiece Design Ear-Pad (On the Ear)
Sensitivity 115 dB
Frequency Response 30 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance 32 ohms
Color Stealth
Features Foldable, Noise Cancellation
Connectivity Type Wired
Noise Canceling With Noise Cancellation
Noise Isolating Without Noise Isolating
Cable Length 4.921 ft
Driver Unit Size 50 mm

Is it ok to use noise canceling headphones.?
Here are some headphones that are close the frequency response in Shannon's post..

Link to heaphones

EDIT: I just did a little more research on Amazon and found headphones made by the same company of the headphones in the link above. However, the frequency response is a bit higher but also a different color. Headphones