Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question for Shannon and others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The thing is whenever I start a project,a goal, I give up too early on it not thinking about the long term results. For eg, I tried to learn persian and turkish but gave up after a few weeks. Not because it's hard but because I felt like there was no serious need for this. I keep jumping from goal to goal without finishing one. What is this behaviour called? Is it procrastination or some form of it? Is there a sub for this? Is it's cure included in AM 5?

I want finish a goal I started and take it to it's extreme end.
I would say that you "suffer from" what I call STOIE: "Short Term Overwhelming Irrational Enthusiasm". Some would call it "Attention Deficit Disorder", but I am not sure what I think of the validity this ADD thing yet. I used to have STOIE also. I don't have it anymore. Overcoming it is a function, in my experience, of getting away from the instant gratification society, and the constant bombardment of movies, TV, Internet, games, etc.

We don't sell "cures". I don't have a medical doctor's credentials or license, so "cures" is not something I can legally try to offer. What we sell is programs designed to help you make changes to yourself, improvements to your thinking and beliefs that will result in changes and improvements internally and externally.

AM 5 can certainly help, but I was well past it before I started using AM, so you'll have to ask others about their experiences in that direction.

Finish What You Start. Sounds like a good idea for the suggestion box.
I would love to use a finish what you start/follow through type of sub! I've always had this issue because to me the excitement of a project is always in the beginning and after that it get boring to me. It's then easier to just move onto something new.
Not a bad idea. I'll see about building that tomorrow, after I finish rebuilding Stage 1 of the Birthing Pain Relief sub. For the third time. Rolleyes
(03-29-2013, 05:21 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad idea. I'll see about building that tomorrow, after I finish rebuilding Stage 1 of the Birthing Pain Relief sub. For the third time. Rolleyes
Hi Shannon, Have you finish building this new sub yet?
(04-02-2013, 06:21 AM)Bearealman Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2013, 05:21 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad idea. I'll see about building that tomorrow, after I finish rebuilding Stage 1 of the Birthing Pain Relief sub. For the third time. Rolleyes
Hi Shannon, Have you finish building this new sub yet?

I'm sure Shannon will announce the release in his journal. That's a good place to keep abreast of the latest product releases.