Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Theta and Creative Visualization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that when doing meditation or hypnosis, I have a really hard time conjuring up clear mental images. From what I understand this is best achieved during Theta brainwave patterns. If that is true, then maybe I have difficulty getting into the theta state? I know it must be a mind thing because on rare occasions I have been able to close my eyes and picture things very very vividly. In one such case I was sick with a fever.

I heard somewhere, (might have been here) that perhaps television is to blame because it puts us in a theta brainwave state? I assume that it works like hormones, if something else is putting your body in that state, it impairs its ability to achieve it without it.

EDIT:[I forgot to mention that I don't watch a lot of television but I do work on computers so that could be a factor]

What is everyone's opinion this? Is there a product on the website that could help with this kind of thing? I didn't see anything myself.
Theta is where we dream. Theta is better than Alpha for visualizing, and Alpha is better than Beta. But, too much TV/Video Gaming/Movies puts you in Theta and trains your brain to stay there. It would mean you had an easier time visualizing, not harder.

Some people are just not naturally very visual in their ability to imagine. Some "just know" and some feel better than they "see".
(03-04-2013, 11:59 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Theta is where we dream. Theta is better than Alpha for visualizing, and Alpha is better than Beta. But, too much TV/Video Gaming/Movies puts you in Theta and trains your brain to stay there. It would mean you had an easier time visualizing, not harder.

Some people are just not naturally very visual in their ability to imagine. Some "just know" and some feel better than they "see".

Interesting, I don't consider myself to be that intuitive and I'm actually very creative, I was always daydreaming as a kid. I'm also an artist I just can't picture images that are very solid even when I try to use files designed to put me in theta state, but maybe that's about resistance to entrainment.