Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Links Removed (MyCodes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upon careful consideration, I've removed all my-codes/product links from the forum. The only way now, for you to access our products is to use the store button. I am considering re-doing the forum search (it used to be useful, guess it's broken again) and as an alternative offer a "product search" field that bounces you over to our store as if you had run a search there. Thoughts?

The original reason for linking up words pertaining to our products was convenience. However I believe it will hurt our standings with google long-term as it is in a grey area with their TOS. Back when the forum was originally started, it was better to have a separate domain name for it. Now the way google works, it looks like it's better to have them on the same one. Ah well...I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Personally I enjoy having them be separate domains and am not excited about the idea of moving the forum to the store URL.
I'll use the forum, regardless of which domain it is under. Either way is equally convenient for me.
Thank you, it would definitely be 1 more click to get to the forum but with bookmarks of course it's a non-issue. The extra google ranking boost to our mainpage the way search engines work now is very tempting. But there's still many benefits to keep it separate including ease of use and has its own perks for marketing separately. For the foreseeable future we'll definitely keep it right where it is as I'd prefer that.

I'm looking in to making a CMS bridge to the store to allow you to run a store search from the forum. Also looking in to converting the forum search to a focused google search bar.

I am looking to integrate Facebook and Twitter with the forum very soon as well.
What exactly are you worried about? I would focus on user experience first, google second. I consider this a helpful feature, especially when abbreviations are used in most of the threads, and it's hard to know what the hell people are referring to sometimes. (If you don't have a long history of using/knowing the products)

I'm an internet marketer/seo by day... What's your concern with interlinking the two domains from a keyword list? (I assume you we're using a forum plugin that does char replacement from a keyword/anchor list)

So you're going to move the forum to subliminal-shop.com/talk or something?