Subliminal Talk

Full Version: ear ringing with ultrasonics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rzeh

Hi,

I'm a newbie with subliminals and have a question about ear ringing. I have recently, about a few days ago, purchased one of the subliminal ultrasonics and started listening to it for several hours during the day mostly, and one night while sleeping. I have noticed I have developed ringing in my ears 24/7 now. I did not use headphones, and mostly played it back through my phone into an an external speaker. I set the volume fairly low using a normal mp3 program source, and also played a masked version of the subliminal, so it was at a very comfortable level. Is the ringing in the ears to be expected? I'm a little concerned over it, but I have had some problems in the past with ringing after attending a show (or even a loud movie) so I am very carful with playing back any audio too loud. Generally it goes away after a few weeks, but I haven't had a problem with it a few years since I have been able to manage it (ear plugs at loud events, like shows, and even sports games). I've always had very sensitive hearing, as I could hear the horizontal oscillator (15khz) in the old NTSC TV sets when they were on. So, I am thinking that ultrasonic may not work for me because of this. Any toughts? Thanks.
I would say that ultrasonic just doesn't work for you, and you should use a masked format instead. That's part of why I have both: no one option works for everyone.
I have to say that is an unusual occurrence. If you dont have any extensive hearing damage and you use ultrasonics at proper volume levels there shouldnt be any ear related damage or ailments of any kind.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I have ringing in the ear myself although I had it well before I found this place.

With that said I would reread the directions for calibrating ultrasonic either from the pdf for the subliminal or on the main site they have the directions as well.

My ringing is very debilitating to me currently and I still manage to use the ultrasonic format safely at this point in time.

If ultrasonics still dont suit you just listen to the masked version at the highest volume that is still comfortable for your ears.
Ah, I have ear ringing too. Even right now. But, I don't care too much, I consider it part of the price I have to pay. It certainly isn't there 24/7, I only notice it once every couple of days.

EDIT: Oh but when I first started subs like 6 months ago, I had them cranked up waaay to loud on ultrasonic, so that probably damaged my ears. My bad.
It's common for people to think that because they can't consciously hear the ultrasonics, that they need them really loud. That's why I have specific info about calibration. Also, ultrasonics don't cause ear ringing in the vast majority of people. As Subeternal said, it's very, very unusual. It seems unlikely even if you had them cranked up way too loud, unless you were blasting your head off with them using headphones and ultrasonics at the same time... which is one reason I say... don't use headphones and ultrasonics together!