Subliminal Talk

Full Version: SSF 5g question for Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Shannon,

My mum has been listening to SSF 5g for 50 days now (nearing the end of stage 2) and has cut out two cigarettes per day so far. Her job has just become a lot more stressful and she really hates it. I think that the stress of her job and the stress of being told to quit smoking, dropping her only coping mechanism is making her really depressed.

What i want to know is, can she safely quit SSF and switch to Find Your Perfect Job, then restart SSF when she is more ready for it?

Thanks
First of all, SSF is designed to eliminate stress, because stress is one of the main triggers for smokers. The more stress they have, the harder it is to quit. This is evidenced by the fact that after 50 days, your mother hasn't outright quit yet. Nobody who has a normal level of stress, who genuinely wants to quit, is going to be smoking after stage 2. So SSF isn't causing stress. That's why it takes 6 months. It's doing the job in an extremely gentle manner that takes time. So the program isn't contributing to her stress. In fact as designed, I would be willing to bet that she is actually experiencing significantly less stress using the SSF program than she would be without it.

Secondly, you can't stop in the middle, do something else and come back to it. If you want the results, you have to commit to it. Don't stop in the middle. Finish what you start. That is especially important for a title like SSF.
Ok, thanks.

I told her to keep going, she had a better day at work today and seems in a better mood.