Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Resumable download links for your product
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have suggestion for Indigo Mind Labs, i think that you should provide resumable download links for your product,because not everyone country in the world have the same internet speed,stability etc...in this way many downloading problem will be solved,i have download problem to,i cant download AM5 and i have try 3 times,one time i manage up to 66,78% and it stuck,this is big files and it will be lot better for us customers because our satisfaction is on the first place...
We're on it. Please let us know if the latest efforts allowed you to download it, and if not, we'll arrange something different for you.
(02-23-2013, 10:53 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]We're on it. Please let us know if the latest efforts allowed you to download it, and if not, we'll arrange something different for you.

Thank you very much Shannon,i couldn't wait to start listen the subs..Smile
I am told that my staff has been working on it for a bit before I even found your post. Smile But we will find a way.
Just want to share my experience. I am in another country and that bandiwidth is not that cheap compared to US and that I have a not so fast DSL connection 786Kbps, fairly good. I do have issues with huge files like 3-6Gigs. My suggestion is if we can break down a huge program for like 100Mb each and then use WINRAR to combine all of them after downloading all files. Downloading 10-20 100Mb files is easier and more manageable than downloading 1 3Gb zipped file. When your downloading a 100Mb file and youre at lets say 80Mb and the connection drops, just start the 100Mb file again comparing to starting the whole 3Gb file when your stopped at 2Gb. And the good news is that winrar is easily accessible.

Another alternative is to have downloads per stages per track. Here I divided 1 track into 2 zipped files.
Ex:
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ocean Surf part 1 80Mb
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ocean Surf part 2 80Mb
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ultrasonic part 1 80Mb
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ultrasonic part 2 80Mb

when unzipped:
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ocean Surf 160Mb
Sex Magnet Stage 1 Ultrasonic Surf 160Mb

You will still offer the existing download scheme but adding this option will help a lot.
We are currently doing single .zip files because our cart software requires it. However, we are dissatisfied with our cart software for a number of reasons (including that one) and Andrew is working on replacing the current cart software with something much better and more flexible. When he is done, we will be able to present downloads as individual files.

That said, individual files will mean between approximately 70 megabytes and 180 megabytes per file as .mp3. The files will be in .mp3 format, which is a compressed format. We will not be additionally compressing them, as people who purchase from and download to cell phones and/or tablets then have to copy it to their computer, decompress it, and then copy it back, which becomes a problem quickly for a lot of people.