Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Setting up the speakers questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok folks, i bought the subs and i bought stereo headphones.In a few days i'm gettin the usb stereo speakers so i can start.I plan on listening at night(8h)+1-2h during the day.I hope i can use them for 1-2hours without ear pain.

1.How do i position the speakears when i sleep and what distance from my ears??
2.What if a neibourh or my folks turn on the music/or some form of sound in the morning while i'm still listening, would that have a negative effect?
3.I set the subs for usual time(8h), but what if i sleep for only 5 hours that night, what do i do?
(02-13-2013, 02:45 AM)Creative Wrote: [ -> ]Ok folks, i bought the subs and i bought stereo headphones.In a few days i'm gettin the usb stereo speakers so i can start.I plan on listening at night(8h)+1-2h during the day.I hope i can use them for 1-2hours without ear pain.

2.What if a neibourh or my folks turn on the music/or some form of sound in the morning while i'm still listening, would that have a negative effect?
3.I set the subs for usual time(8h), but what if i sleep for only 5 hours that night, what do i do?

1. Once you have calibrated volume, your subconscious mind will hear the same volume with the ultrasonic track that your conscious mind heads with the trickling stream track. So whatever distance from your ears is convenient, is fine, because the volume is set separately.

The closer the speaker (if you are using one speaker on each side of your head), the better the stereo separation will be. You must balance the distance and volume for comfort.

2. If you're using an ultrasonic track on speakers or headphones, no. If you're using a masked track over speakers, possibly. You may want to increase the volume 10% in that case.

3. Make up for it as possible during waking hours until you have the necessary number of hours.
(02-13-2013, 07:52 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2013, 02:45 AM)Creative Wrote: [ -> ]Ok folks, i bought the subs and i bought stereo headphones.In a few days i'm gettin the usb stereo speakers so i can start.I plan on listening at night(8h)+1-2h during the day.I hope i can use them for 1-2hours without ear pain.

1. Once you have calibrated volume, your subconscious mind will hear the same volume with the ultrasonic track that your conscious mind heads with the trickling stream track. So whatever distance from your ears is convenient, is fine, because the volume is set separately.

The closer the speaker (if you are using one speaker on each side of your head), the better the stereo separation will be. You must balance the distance and volume for comfort.

I sleep on my stomach(always have).One ear is pressed up against the pillow.How do i set the speakers on each side of my head?Does that mean left and right?
Like this?(FIRST PICTURE)
http://dolphin-bed.com/

p.s. aha,Now i understand why folks use ultrasonic at night and headphones during the day.We live in a loud world.
Almost everyone sleeps with one ear in a pillow. Some sound will travel through the pillow. It's best to use ultrasonic to maximize stereo effect, because it uses pitch differencing, not volume differencing. Either side of your head would be basically as close to facing each other on either side of your pillow as you can manage. When I got started I literally played the programs I was making through computer speakers hooked up to a player, and the speakers were on either side of my pillow, facing my head (and each other).

The only perfect solution is headphones. Everything else is going to have some limitations. And of course sleeping with headphones on is only possible with special headphones designed just for that purpose.
(02-13-2013, 02:32 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Almost everyone sleeps with one ear in a pillow. Some sound will travel through the pillow. It's best to use ultrasonic to maximize stereo effect, because it uses pitch differencing, not volume differencing. Either side of your head would be basically as close to facing each other on either side of your pillow as you can manage. When I got started I literally played the programs I was making through computer speakers hooked up to a player, and the speakers were on either side of my pillow, facing my head (and each other).

Here is the bed where i sleep.It's in the living room with LOTS of space.
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/1218...188315.jpg
Where should i put the speakers exactly? i see only 2 options:
1. i move the bed from the wall and use small chairs to set up the speakers on both sides.
2. i move the bed away from the sofa and set the speakers there

Option 1. sounds more logical but i just want to be sure..
p.s. Ill use ultrasonic at night, i have no problem with that.During the day i'll use headphones with stream.
Is it really necessary to keep the speakers on both sides of the bed?

My pc and bed are both in opposite corners of the room. So can I just keep the speakers near the pc?

Will that work?
The more perfect the stereo separation, the better the program will work. You could play it on a mono cell phone speaker in your bedroom and get results... but you'll get significantly better results from playing it on stereo speakers, and better still results as those speakers are positioned more and more like headphones would be, which will give you better and better stereo separation, where each channel is focused more and more into each ear.