Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Good sound equipment stores both online and offline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of great places to get quality sound equipment; preferably online? I'm tired of looking at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. They really don't have much that is good. Amazon is pretty sparse, as well.
I wouldn't order audio equip of any kind from amazon. Stuff tends to get thrown around whether it labled fragile or not. You might try www.crutchfield.com. their prices are on par or a little less or more depending on what you are looking for. They should have stuff that can handle the higher frequencies but it will mediocre quality at best.
Thank you. The Crutchfield stuff looks very good. I will probably be ordering from them after I make my millions.
Best Buy in the States has some pretty good stuff. I would say if you're on a budget, check out these Insignia speakers. They come with a woofer with a tweeter in the middle of the woofer. It should make for some nice computer monitor speakers / bedroom / home theater / bookshelf (VASTLY superior to the computer speakers out there right now save for the more expensive Kliscph, Logitech units).
You need a stereo receiver / amp to push these but that's not a really a biggie since most people have old stereo equipment lying around (like me, lol)
Ebay has a lot of ppl unloading their old stereo receivers and amps for dirt cheap. I have 2 (one was given to me) old Pioneer 105 Watts per channel A/V receivers made in the early 1990's that have a full 20-20,000 Hz power bandwidth unused right now (one may get put into use soon; the other may get put to use in my parent's pavilion once I get them a pair of outdoor speakers to go with it).