Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speakers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, it'd be nice if this forum had a single topic covering all speakers that were recommended for use with subs, but anyhow, I just bought some and would like to know if they will be any good, and if not, what kinds would? Thanks. Smile

These are the ones I got here:
http://asia.creative.com/products/produc...stby=usage
The only time you need to worry about quality is with the ultrasonics, and that's only to ensure that there is a sufficient frequency response to support 21kHz.
(12-21-2012, 07:21 PM)Sean Wrote: [ -> ]The only time you need to worry about quality is with the ultrasonics, and that's only to ensure that there is a sufficient frequency response to support 21kHz.

So just don't use the ultrasonics then, otherwise these ones are good?
(12-22-2012, 02:09 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2012, 07:21 PM)Sean Wrote: [ -> ]The only time you need to worry about quality is with the ultrasonics, and that's only to ensure that there is a sufficient frequency response to support 21kHz.

So just don't use the ultrasonics then, otherwise these ones are good?

That 2.1 speaker set looks nice. Any decent costing 2.1 set will do the trick for masked and ultrasonic. I like Creative so I'd go for it myself.
(12-22-2012, 06:04 AM)Subeternal Wrote: [ -> ]That 2.1 speaker set looks nice. Any decent costing 2.1 set will do the trick for masked and ultrasonic. I like Creative so I'd go for it myself.
Awesome! I'll be starting the subliminals tonight then. Cool It only goes to 20khz though so I can't use the ultrasonic, right?
The playback limits on a CD recording are 20 kHz, and while some of my subs include frequencies above 20 kHz, you must have at least 20 kHz at the high end to have a faithful reproduction. If it tops out at 20 kHz, don't worry about the 21-23 kHz parts.
(12-23-2012, 12:33 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]The playback limits on a CD recording are 20 kHz, and while some of my subs include frequencies above 20 kHz, you must have at least 20 kHz at the high end to have a faithful reproduction. If it tops out at 20 kHz, don't worry about the 21-23 kHz parts.
That is good because I couldn't barely stand listening to that stream mask last night. I'll update you all in my journal on how it went.