Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Resistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can resistance to a sub be consciously overcome or does it require work at subconscious level?
Resistance to a subliminal is complex and there are several types. In some cases the resistance is conscious, and is overcome by a willing subconscious, or consciously thwarting a willing subconscious. In some cases, it is both conscious and subconscious. In some cases it is subconscious only.

It is very difficult to consciously thwart a willing subconscious, because the conscious is very limited in comparison. This rarely works, but is possible.

If resistance is both conscious and subconscious, it will be almost impossible to consciously overcome by oneself until the resistance of one or the other is overcome.

If resistance is subconscious only, it is challenging to overcome, but one can use conscious actions to succeed, such as subliminals, affirmations, hypnosis, etc.

Resistance to a sub is usually very difficult to overcome if the root cause (fear) is not dealt with. It is possible, but requires a different approach, a different style of mind programming, or more time.

A different approach means that you deal with the cause of the resistance, and then worry about what's being resisted. In other words, you will be working on fear first, which is almost invariably the cause of the resistance, instead of whatever else you might have been trying to accomplish that was being resisted.

A different style of mind programming is going to be something like hypnosis or NLP instead of subliminals. Something the conscious mind can see and understand better and fear less to resist less. Again, it boils down to dealing with fear.

More time, of course is the approach of the wind wearing down the mountain. Given enough time, all things change, even by the light touch of the wind.
Yeah I have resistance to conscious forms of self help such as affirmations and hypnosis in terms of there being results for a short time then the results subsiding. I find your subliminals work well because my dreams are very vivid which is a suggestion you put in your subliminals.
When you achieve a result with hypnosis and it subsides, that means that a shallow impact was made where a deep one was desired. That can come from fear of letting go fully. It usually requires multiple sessions to achieve a long term or permanent effect under those circumstances. If it is not fear then it will be due to an unskilled operator or insufficient trance depth.

Subliminals bypass the conscious mind entirely, and if the conscious mind is cooperative, it doesn't matter what conscious resistance you have, because the subconscious is always pulling for the goal. If it is not cooperative, then you'll still get results, as it tries NOT to cooperate and seeks ways to get you to stop the new programming before it succumbs to the changes. That is still a response, and a result. Very few indeed can resist my programs forever.
So OF or OGFS could speedup the results of other subs, by removing the foundations of resistance?
(12-01-2012, 02:02 PM)Elusive Wrote: [ -> ]So OF or OGFS could speedup the results of other subs, by removing the foundations of resistance?

Sounds like a reasonable conclusion, to me.
Without fear, there should be no resistance.
And I have a lot of fear anyways... I seriously think I probably have a fair bit of guilt and shame linked with it. No wonder really with my life being the shambles that it is.

I'm wondering Shannon if you think it'd be more beneficial to go OGSF before LTU or should LTU sufficiently cover OGSF?

I'm actually surprised not to see anything at all about the three of them directly in LTU's present programming... I'm sure it's there somewhere though, if perhaps indirectly.

I'm thinking I'm partly resisting ASC and partly it's just not the best program for me for the immediate time. I'm still going to finish it. And it does seem to have had SOME effect, but it's not really anything super pronounced.

I'm already aware I probably can't really mix the two. I'd likely use Develop a More Feminine Voice with OGSF. I've been working on training my voice on my own already and my conscious mind seems to be afraid to use it. So combining those two...
With regards to customs, to your knowledge have people with custom scripts for custom programs resisted the script despite the fact that it is a script of their ow design.
(12-02-2012, 06:42 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: [ -> ]And I have a lot of fear anyways... I seriously think I probably have a fair bit of guilt and shame linked with it. No wonder really with my life being the shambles that it is.

I'm wondering Shannon if you think it'd be more beneficial to go OGSF before LTU or should LTU sufficiently cover OGSF?

I'm actually surprised not to see anything at all about the three of them directly in LTU's present programming... I'm sure it's there somewhere though, if perhaps indirectly.

I'm thinking I'm partly resisting ASC and partly it's just not the best program for me for the immediate time. I'm still going to finish it. And it does seem to have had SOME effect, but it's not really anything super pronounced.

I'm already aware I probably can't really mix the two. I'd likely use Develop a More Feminine Voice with OGSF. I've been working on training my voice on my own already and my conscious mind seems to be afraid to use it. So combining those two...

LTU was built before I understood the impact fear has on people in the way I do now, and guilt and shame as well. I recommend using OGSF first. OGSF is going to be much better for you than ASC, and running ASC again after 90 days of OGSF will probably have a significantly different result.
(12-03-2012, 07:57 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2012, 06:42 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote: [ -> ]And I have a lot of fear anyways... I seriously think I probably have a fair bit of guilt and shame linked with it. No wonder really with my life being the shambles that it is.

LTU was built before I understood the impact fear has on people in the way I do now, and guilt and shame as well. I recommend using OGSF first. OGSF is going to be much better for you than ASC, and running ASC again after 90 days of OGSF will probably have a significantly different result.

OGSF is going to be in 4g right? yet it would still be better for resistant people to use it over a 5g title?
(12-03-2012, 09:47 AM)jonathanzx10 Wrote: [ -> ]OGSF is going to be in 4g right? yet it would still be better for resistant people to use it over a 5g title?

OGSF is in 4G, but it may be more appropriate than a 5G title because it is more focused. Don't get caught up preferring 5G because it's "more powerful". 4G is very powerful, and in this case, it is more focused, so will do more for fear-killing than a 5G that covers more topics.

A blast furnace will generate a lot of heat, but it won't cut your steel nearly as well as a plasma cutter.
Or another way to say it is... if you want to cut down a tree, you use an axe, and you use it at the trunk of the tree. In other words, you have to deal with the root issue first. Generation is immaterial in that case.