Subliminal Talk

Full Version: I can hear the subs in my dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gudday all,

I've had this experience twice now. When I am just waking up - kind of asleep, kind of awake and self aware - almost lucid dreaming but not quite - at this point I can hear the subs, loud and clear.

The other day I was waking up and I thought the neighbor's radio was on, but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. I thought maybe it was in Chinese and that's why I can't understand it (I'm in Shanghai) but it didn't feel like I didn't understand it. It felt like I knew perfectly well what it was saying. But *consciously* I didn't. Anyway when I strained my mind to focus on it, it got quieter and quieter and disappeared, until I was fully awake, because by doing so I guess my brain patterns were changing? Anyway after doing that I wasn't drowsy at all, which is odd for me at 6am. That particular sub doesn't apply to me, its females only.

Also a few months ago I was playing the Poetry of the SE v2, and at that time I had it up **way** too loud, not having read about that yet on the forums. So in my dream I could hear this blaring loud noise like a couple making love groaning into a megaphone turned up to its maximum. It was almost hurting my ears, the loud sex noises. I woke up and turned it down.

So what does it mean? That in a certain state, you can hear them perfectly well?
I know about three times while listening to the ultrasonics when I'm relaxing I can actually hear mumbled phrases. Kinda creeped me out actually.
LOL it's easy to hear the mumbles in the masked track for me. it is creepy. The one and only time I attempted to use the ultrasonics with ear buds the sub woke me up with an excruciating headache. My head was literally pounding. Moments before all of that I could hear the phrases being said It literally sounded like there were hundreds of overlapping voices going a mile a minute.
yeah happened to me a couple of times now too, it was like at some point i don't hear waterfall sounds anymore and suddenly i hear like millions of shannon's minions voices rambling shit, i wanted to mention it here but i got lazy and forgot felt like i was in a religious ritual lol.
Interesting. Did the voices sound natural, or computer generated?
Natural, like someone talking. But I couldn't make out what they were saying
(10-11-2012, 07:31 PM)brad1984mason Wrote: [ -> ]Gudday all,

I've had this experience twice now. When I am just waking up - kind of asleep, kind of awake and self aware - almost lucid dreaming but not quite - at this point I can hear the subs, loud and clear.

The other day I was waking up and I thought the neighbor's radio was on, but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. I thought maybe it was in Chinese and that's why I can't understand it (I'm in Shanghai) but it didn't feel like I didn't understand it. It felt like I knew perfectly well what it was saying. But *consciously* I didn't. Anyway when I strained my mind to focus on it, it got quieter and quieter and disappeared, until I was fully awake, because by doing so I guess my brain patterns were changing? Anyway after doing that I wasn't drowsy at all, which is odd for me at 6am. That particular sub doesn't apply to me, its females only.

Also a few months ago I was playing the Poetry of the SE v2, and at that time I had it up **way** too loud, not having read about that yet on the forums. So in my dream I could hear this blaring loud noise like a couple making love groaning into a megaphone turned up to its maximum. It was almost hurting my ears, the loud sex noises. I woke up and turned it down.

So what does it mean? That in a certain state, you can hear them perfectly well?

You have some extraordinary hearing skills lol I do hear some murmuring sounds while i am on masked track at night. But i dont hear like you especially on ultrasonics ,poetry of silent eros like couples making noises etc. I wonder what will Shannon have to say about this.
There is a state of natural awareness that "being conscious" overpowers and distracts from. In that state, you can hear, see and otherwise sense things that are otherwise "invisible", so to speak, to you and those around you.

The "conscious" mind, however, is like blaring a radio over a normal conversation. When you have that radio going, it will hide the conversation, much like subliminal masking does. When you dissociate or turn it off, you can hear the conversation again. In this analogy, the conversation would be the information you're getting from those senses that you normally are not aware of, or the full range of awareness from the senses you are aware of.

In other words, when you allow your subconscious mind to take the forefront you can be aware of what "it" is aware of. Sometimes, as the conscious and subconscious awarenesses are transitioning across, they share this information, and you can "consciously" perceive what the subconscious perceives.
That totally made sense to me. That's what I thought. That's why, as I strained to listen to it, I gradually woke up and became more conscious and I couldn't hear it any more - the 'radio' turned on and I couldn't hear the 'conversation'
Oh by the way - when I had the PSE up too loud, as long as I was awake, I could hear nothing. It was only in my dream that I could hear the sex noises (turned up so loud it was like I was standing next to an amp at a rock concert)
(10-12-2012, 07:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]There is a state of natural awareness that "being conscious" overpowers and distracts from. In that state, you can hear, see and otherwise sense things that are otherwise "invisible", so to speak, to you and those around you.

The "conscious" mind, however, is like blaring a radio over a normal conversation. When you have that radio going, it will hide the conversation, much like subliminal masking does. When you dissociate or turn it off, you can hear the conversation again. In this analogy, the conversation would be the information you're getting from those senses that you normally are not aware of, or the full range of awareness from the senses you are aware of.

In other words, when you allow your subconscious mind to take the forefront you can be aware of what "it" is aware of. Sometimes, as the conscious and subconscious awarenesses are transitioning across, they share this information, and you can "consciously" perceive what the subconscious perceives.

I'm looking up some old threads for clues on how long to rest between subs and this thread popped up (I forgot how). It's so amazing you guys can hear such stuff! I haven't heard any. Just the trickling stream. Tongue