Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Maximum Sales Sucess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just kind of dreaming here, because I'm set on some different subs for at least a year before I could get to this one. But here goes:

My situation is interesting. I'm stuck in China teaching English because I can't get a job in my home country, New Zealand. There is one kind of job that I can get in New Zealand, and that's being a sales rep - but I'm such a useless salesman that I can't make any money (and thus haven't kept a sales job for more than a fortnight). Some people are born salesmen, but not me. I tried a few times, and crashed and burned.

If, hypothetically, I did this sub MSS for a year or more while I'm in China teaching English, do you think that would be enough for me to go home and be able to make a living in sales? I want to live in NZ where my friends and family are but there's no work available, except in sales - which I can't do. That MSS sub looks attractive as a potential ticket home.

Thoughts?
Realistically, I can't answer your question. I don't know how it would affect you if you used it for a year without actually doing sales. Especially with such an important decision to be made on my conclusion. I can't know how it would affect you under those circumstances.

I can say that it wouldn't hurt to use it for a year and see how you feel about it after that... but part of sales is crashing and burning, and then learning what you did wrong and becoming a better salesman because of that.
I would continue to take the sub after I started working, of course. But I was just considering whether or not it could make me even remotely competent, good enough to make enough sales to keep a job. I don't expect to be an expert from the beginning, but perhaps at least if I could make enough sales to pay the rent I'd be happy. Last time I couldn't even make enough sales to pay for petrol money to get to the neighborhood we were door-knocking at. Anyway its no big deal, I'll worry about it in a year or so when I try to move back to NZ. Thanks