Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Sub-Creation Sub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Shannon,

You could make a sub for yourself (name embedded etc) that would help you make better subs.

Cool
Seriously, I think you should consider it. It could aim to cut down the hard work, enhance your creativity, and strengthen your research in how to improve.

Just imagine if you created a 5g sub for Shannon only that was designed solely to help you produce your subs - to aid you in every aspect. You'd get a lot more done, it'd be easier, and you'd have more ideas for the process.
I think the idea is a good one, from the point of view you have. But, looking at it from knowing what goes on behind the scenes, it is unlikely to be practical. I'm constantly using my own subs for either research purposes (experiments) or I am using them so I can have first hand experience with how to answer questions about them and offer guidance to those using them. A single 5G program would force that to be the only program I could use.... thus degrading my productivity.

If it were in 4G, it would still displace at least one program, and thus degrade my productivity... and if I was doing any more than I am, and any faster, I might die of exhaustion. I know you guys don't see the work that goes into developing and building these but I assure you, I'm working so much as it is that I am probably pushing myself too hard.

Cutting down on hard work is a fine goal, but realistically, that's not possible with how these things are developed and built. The process is about as streamlined as I can make it. It's just the nature of the beast... and why I am the only one doing this... nobody else is thinking outside the box, or willing to do this much work. And more creativity? Hell, I can barely remember all the creative additions I am currently using and putting into these things! lol The metascript is now so advanced and complex that I have to keep it as a series of reference files to be assembled at build time, because I can no longer remember such complex scripting off the top of my head.

So... it's a good idea... but it's unfortunately not practical for using.
Ok that makes a lot of sense, fair enough. Well, I'll keep posting ideas, and eventually something will be helpful Smile