Subliminal Talk

Full Version: whats the deal with preggos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine wants to do AF and she's pregnant, so isn't.
For my own curiosity, why no pregnant women? Is that something specific or a general unknown?
(03-15-2012, 05:09 AM)massagemaggie Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine wants to do AF and she's pregnant, so isn't.
For my own curiosity, why no pregnant women? Is that something specific or a general unknown?

I have looked through the instructions for that program and I don't see where I put anything about no pregnant women. Can you point out for me where you see that, please?
(03-15-2012, 01:38 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2012, 05:09 AM)massagemaggie Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine wants to do AF and she's pregnant, so isn't.

I have looked through the instructions for that program and I don't see where I put anything about no pregnant women. Can you point out for me where you see that, please?

I didn't see it, she did, I'll ask where
But wouldn't the stress be a bad idea for a pregnant woman?

Ryan
This is just an opinion, I think there is a lot of bruhaha over the wrong things while women are pregnant (in order to cover physician's asses) and not enough attention to the correct things. We're led to feel like suddenly we're totally vulnerable and if the wind changes it's "bad for the baby." Feeling dis-empowered the worst thing for a pregnant woman and unfortunately most of the mainstream stuff thrown at women while pregnant contributes to dis-empowerment. I can imagine becoming alpha would increase the health of a pregnancy and the woman would be someone who takes actions towards having a healthy pregnancy and taking charge of her birth. Don't get me started on birth and the hysterics and panic over it by ignorant people, leading to traumatic and horrible experiences for both mother and child. Yes I speak from experience not theory and like I said this is just an opinion and my own tiny soapbox.

On the one hand... a woman's core strength is proven in her ability to become pregnant, give birth and care for the child afterward. There is no question that women have to be very strong to handle all this. That is true.

On the other hand... Ryan is pointing out that AM is very challenging and stressful for guys during the first 2-4 stages, and is probably thinking that that stress on top of everything else may be difficult to deal with, or create a hormonal situation which is not optimal for the baby.

The fact of the matter is, AF is not AM. They are built in very different ways because females are very different creatures, with very different needs, points of view and challenges.

There is an increase in stress possible for AF, but I can't think of anything really that would be a problem for AF on a pregnant woman, unless she is perhaps caught in a situation where she is literally unable to achieve what AF is pushing her to achieve. Which seems pretty unlikely. And even then... a lot of pregnant women deal with stress as it is.

It does make specific reference to regulating the cycle and balancing the hormones to assist with mood and handling PMS/menstruation... but that doesn't seem like it would make much difference, aside from possibly balancing her hormones...