Subliminal Talk

Full Version: The United States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's seems that the demographic on this forum is predominately made up of those living in the United States, so it makes sense that I ask this question here.

After exploring Europe, I finally ventured across the Atlantic for the first time last November to see the New York. And I'm half tempted to go straight back, as on moment of arrival I became infatuated with the place - an infatuation that hasn't wavered since. However, I'm aware I should probably be more adventurous and try somewhere different in the States. The obvious place would be the West coast, or more specifically California, but I just wanted to ask the question here what places those living in American would recommend visiting? Perhaps somewhere of the beaten track I wouldn't typically here about? It's getting to the time where I'm thinking of booking, so just putting a few feelers out and seeing if I can come up with any ideas.
My sister used to live in San Francisco and I have stayed there many summers (sometimes for up to two months at a time). I haven't being since 2003 but it is absolutely one fo my favorite cities in the world. I don't know what it's like now but in the late nighties it was a really fun place for me to meet women. I found people in general there very laid back, outgoing and very approachable.
I live in Oregon (pronounced Ore-a-gen not Ore-a-gon), not to many people actually talk about this state but it is a nice one to visit. We have just about everything from desert,thick woods, to a bit of rain forest on the coast. We also have crater lake which is near where i live. As far as cities we have Portland which is kind of like San Fransisco, Salem Oregon's capital, Eugene, and Bend they are the major cities.

Honestly there is not much to see here but i would rate it as high in terms of how beautiful it is as Utah or the red woods. I have never seen so many trees in my life till i moved here.
I hear San Diego is great if you love the sunny days and the beach. Also what Woceyes said about Utah and the Red Woods in San Francisco. Unbelieveable man. And Colorado is out of this world.
Your recommendations are noted. Thanks, I appreciate it. I think what your all suggesting is along with what I had in mind. Starting in Cali and crawling up the west coast through Oregon and Washington. I was hoping of seeing a mix of the great cities and the natural wilderness.
(02-11-2012, 10:14 AM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]Your recommendations are noted. Thanks, I appreciate it. I think what your all suggesting is along with what I had in mind. Starting in Cali and crawling up the west coast through Oregon and Washington. I was hoping of seeing a mix of the great cities and the natural wilderness.

If you're going to go up to Washington, keep going through and check out Vancouver in British Columbia. I'd say it was the city I've enjoyed living in the most. Close to hiking, warm enough to swim in the summer, close to skiing, downtown has no freeways running through it, everything is easily accessible by a universal commuting pass, and many many options to take dates. The women there are better looking in general, and there's more diversity. Overall probably the best place to live, although I hear San Francisco is good. Seattle and Portland are fun to visit, but don't really compare to Vancouver BC for living IMO. I've been to most major cities in the northern hemisphere and only cities in Germany come to this level of quality and access IMO, although Madrid was nice.
I've heard and read good things about Arizona. I've never thought of it before...but it's also one of the best bachelor states with a large number of amazing women outnumbering men. But not only that, the weather is nice and it seems like a fun place to live. It's not far from California or Vegas either and has great sites to visit like the desserts, mountains and Grand Canyon of course Wink

Ryan
I agree with Ryan, Arizona is beautiful. Something cool to do being that it’s up and coming baseball season, might be to travel from professional park to park in each state, doing how ever many you have the time allotted for.
It looks like it'll be the west coast this time then; the opinion on here seems pretty conclusive. I'll either be heading east form California into Arizona and Nevada to see the likes of the Canyon and Vegas, or I'll be heading north from Cali all the way up to Seattle.
well if you head north towards Seattle, hit me up if you come near Crater lake.
(02-10-2012, 01:03 PM)WildFlower Wrote: [ -> ]It's seems that the demographic on this forum is predominately made up of those living in the United States, so it makes sense that I ask this question here.

After exploring Europe, I finally ventured across the Atlantic for the first time last November to see the New York. And I'm half tempted to go straight back, as on moment of arrival I became infatuated with the place - an infatuation that hasn't wavered since. However, I'm aware I should probably be more adventurous and try somewhere different in the States. The obvious place would be the West coast, or more specifically California, but I just wanted to ask the question here what places those living in American would recommend visiting? Perhaps somewhere of the beaten track I wouldn't typically here about? It's getting to the time where I'm thinking of booking, so just putting a few feelers out and seeing if I can come up with any ideas.

Places to Visit : Well, Ofcourse, in California; It's Disneyland in Anaheim, California, USA; Other places are Hollywood/Beverly Hills and along the California Coastline including, the surfing contests at the beaches... from Eateries of finest food of San Diego to Santa Barbara to San Fransico. Big Grin
Dude! What's with all the necroposting today!? You have to stop reviving old threads, bro!
(.....)
(.....)