Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Can hear ultrasonic sub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was wondering if it is normal to be able to hear the ultrasonics? I can hear it when I use my speakers but when I use headphones it is completely silent.

Cheers,

John
(05-01-2010, 01:57 AM)John.E Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I was wondering if it is normal to be able to hear the ultrasonics? I can hear it when I use my speakers but when I use headphones it is completely silent.

Cheers,

John

I have extremely sensitive hearing and can always hear them, headphones or speakers. You'll hear them a little less on higher frequency range speakers (around 22-24khz in my experience). Just make sure your volume is set to a normal listening level. If the high pitches bother you either switch to the masked or grab something with a higher range.
Generally, higher end frequency response is usually found on headsets in my experience and that usually produces beautiful silent results. How much can you lower the volume on your speakers and still hear them?
Shannon, I am playing it from my ipod nano connected to that capsule speaker that you said your friend used with good results. I can turn it down to about 25% on my ipod and can still faintly hear the sounds. It sounds like voices with static noise?

I'm actually more worried about the results - the noises don't actually bother me at all. The speakers I'm using have a 20khz frequency response so is it important whether I can hear the noise or not? Or does it not matter as long as the speakers definately are 20khz?

I don't think it is my hearing because when I use my ipod earbuds the ultrasonic is completely silent. I hope this makes sense. Sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to get good results using your subs. I have been using AOS for a few days now and am noticing subtle positive changes already Smile
I would say that it sounds like you may have gotten a speaker set with a different frequency response range than the manufacturer indicated... occasionally, a prduct will be "out of spec", and might slip through quality control. I can't say for sure, as I am going on what I understand of what you're telling me. Have you tried it on another pair of speakers (not earbuds or headphones) rated for 20 kHz?
I haven't tried because I don't currently have any other speakers. Looks like I might have to purchase some better ones. But for now I will just use the masked version when I am sleeping. That works on pretty much any speaker right?
Yes sir, it does. That's why I include it. Smile