Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Serious issues with streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m on day 2 of streaming OGSF. I usually download the subs and I don’t have technical issues doing that. However, this is my first streaming sub, and I’m having serious issues with the streaming site.

With the downloaded subs I can copy them to my phone, press play, lock my phone, and they reliably play all the way through. However, because my phone has a lot of stuff on it, and I suspected that playing from a website would be flaky, I decided to use my iPad because it has a lot of memory, and very little installed on it.

Day 1: I opened the streaming site on my iPad in Safari. I put in “4” for the repeat count and tapped “play”. I put the iPad to sleep and watched with a spectrum analyzer on my computer. At the end of the first loop, the streaming site automatically started the second loop. But at the end of the second loop, it stopped, and I had to unlock the iPad to start the third loop. At the end of the third loop, it stopped, and I had to unlock the iPad to start the fourth loop.

Day 2: Given the issues of day 1, I started the website on the iPad with “4” for repeats, but kept the iPad open and kept the spectrum analyzer open. I started late, at 10:17pm. The website started with “4:00:00 remaining” and counted down. It’s now 11:57pm, 1 hour and 40 minutes later. Four loops is 4 hours total, so 4 hours, with 1 hour and 40 minutes completed, should yield a remaining time of 2 hours and 20 minutes. However, the countdown on the streaming site says “1:20:xx remaining”, so it just lost one loop it’s supposed to do?

One of the advantages of these subs is being able to listen overnight with the ultrasonic. However, I can’t trust the streaming site to deliver a specific number of loops with the iPad either awake or asleep. I don’t know how to reliably get my loops in without keeping the streaming site open and babysitting it to make sure that it doesn’t suddenly prematurely stop.

What’s the best way to proceed?
(02-01-2023, 09:04 PM)whome Wrote: [ -> ]However, the countdown on the streaming site says “1:20:xx remaining”, so it just lost one loop it’s supposed to do?

OMG so even though it said “1:20:xx remaining” it just stopped after the second loop.

Is the streaming site only playing half the loops that I request it play? That would explain both days. Yesterday I asked for four loops but it stopped after two, so I asked for two more loops and it stopped after one, so I had to hit play one more time.

Tonight while watching it, the time remaining display glitched out, but again I asked for four loops and it stopped after two.

Maybe tomorrow if I ask it for 8 loops, I can reliably get four?

Having to play these games with the streaming site is ridiculous.
(02-01-2023, 09:22 PM)whome Wrote: [ -> ]Is the streaming site only playing half the loops that I request it play?

Yes, it does only play half the requested loops. I have it on video.

When it hits the end of loop 1, it restarts, spinning trying to load the track. It pretends to play for a while, but doesn’t make any sound. After a few seconds it glitches out, resets itself, ends the attempt to play loop 2, and ends up successfully starting loop 3.

This is all on video, and the website glitching out trying to play every other track explains things for me. It’s still silly that I have to babysit the sub to get my loops in and that I can’t listen to it overnight.