Subliminal Talk

Full Version: ASC Listening to masked tapes at 40% volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Listening to the masked tapes via my Sony wh-1000xm4s at just 50% volume gives me mild ear pain the next morning, and I hear sounds like I've got tinnitus. 

Is it okay if I listen at 40% with noise cancellation on?. I am able to still hear the lows of the ocean surf tape.
(04-29-2022, 08:41 PM)Churchill Wrote: [ -> ]Listening to the masked tapes via my Sony wh-1000xm4s at just 50% volume gives me mild ear pain the next morning, and I hear sounds like I've got tinnitus. 

Is it okay if I listen at 40% with noise cancellation on?. I am able to still hear the lows of the ocean surf tape.

You should be careful with noise cancellation. It sounds quiet but it is actually generating sound to cancel ambient noise. I've heard of people getting tinnitus just from wearing noise-canceling headphones all day even with nothing playing through them. I would not use noise cancellation all night. See if that fixes the issue.
(04-30-2022, 10:48 AM)InTheZone Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 08:41 PM)Churchill Wrote: [ -> ]Listening to the masked tapes via my Sony wh-1000xm4s at just 50% volume gives me mild ear pain the next morning, and I hear sounds like I've got tinnitus. 

You should be careful with noise cancellation. It sounds quiet but it is actually generating sound to cancel ambient noise. I've heard of people getting tinnitus just from wearing noise-canceling headphones all day even with nothing playing through them. I would not use noise cancellation all night. See if that fixes the issue.

We specifically advise against noise cancellation for that reason and one other: it will degrade the clarity of the subliminalized audio to some degree, and thus, degrade or even kill the effectiveness. 

40% volume for masked should be fine otherwise.  Thanks for the help, InTheZone. Thumbsup
This was more than helpful. Thank you both very much!