Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Volume and Subliminals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If there's already an answer in the forum to this question that I didn't find, please link it here.

I am somehow confused about volume and Subliminals. Until recently I thought "higher volume is better" and started a sub with about 7/15 on my cell phone and then increased the volume when it felt right.
But Shannon recently mentioned that lower volumes can hit deeper parts of the subconscious better than higher volumes. So I started an experiment last week in that I lowered the volume on US format from 12/15 to 7/15, then 3/15, and now 1/15. 

This experiment resulted in more feelings of uneasiness and other feelings that I associate with "Resistance". This is quite interesting because I had no such feelings on the higher volume and did not change listening time or the number of loops.

So the resulting question is: What way of handling volume achieves the most execution of a Subliminal and as such has the highest chance of achieving the design goals?

Starting with a medium volume and then increasing and staying with a high volume?
Starting with a low volume and then increasing and staying with a high volume?
Starting with a high volume and then lowering and staying with a low volume?
Somehow cycling volumes?

Further context: For me, this question is especially important because in my understanding the deeper parts of the subconscious are most important for executing a Subliminal and achieving its design goals.
So if a higher volume does not target the deeper parts, then my whole understanding of how to achieve the design goals of a Subliminal crashes and burns in a bright flame.

Thank you for your help
MM
(08-28-2021, 09:01 AM)MegaMan Wrote: [ -> ]If there's already an answer in the forum to this question that I didn't find, please link it here.

I am somehow confused about volume and Subliminals. Until recently I thought "higher volume is better" and started a sub with about 7/15 on my cell phone and then increased the volume when it felt right.
But Shannon recently mentioned that lower volumes can hit deeper parts of the subconscious better than higher volumes. So I started an experiment last week in that I lowered the volume on US format from 12/15 to 7/15, then 3/15, and now 1/15. 

This experiment resulted in more feelings of uneasiness and other feelings that I associate with "Resistance". This is quite interesting because I had no such feelings on the higher volume and did not change listening time or the number of loops.

So the resulting question is: What way of handling volume achieves the most execution of a Subliminal and as such has the highest chance of achieving the design goals?

Starting with a medium volume and then increasing and staying with a high volume?
Starting with a low volume and then increasing and staying with a high volume?
Starting with a high volume and then lowering and staying with a low volume?
Somehow cycling volumes?

Further context: For me, this question is especially important because in my understanding the deeper parts of the subconscious are most important for executing a Subliminal and achieving its design goals.
So if a higher volume does not target the deeper parts, then my whole understanding of how to achieve the design goals of a Subliminal crashes and burns in a bright flame.

Thank you for your help
MM

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding.

First let me clarify starting with the truism that all things have a price.  When you get more convenience, you get less security, and vice versa.  More speed is less gas mileage, and vice versa.  More fame is less privacy; more accuracy is more time, energy, and effort; and so on.  There is nothing that does not have some corresponding cost in some way.

Now when you listen to a subliminal at a high volume, you have what is known as a high "perceptory pressure".  In other words, the louder the subliminalized audio, the more obvious it becomes, and the more demanding it is perceived to be.  For one personality type, higher is better; for another, lower is better.  For another, somewhere in the middle is best.  Why?  Because of what part of the awareness is able to perceive it, and what the response is.

If you hate being told what to do, then louder will be perceived as being more demanding, and demands are equated with "being told what to do", which for you in that case will trigger a fear of not being in control (and thus feeling unsafe) and the response will be resistance. 

But if you are agreeable in nature and don't mind someone else being in charge, then higher volumes are perceived as being more motivating.  The result is usually better execution for the more agreeable person, and less good execution for the person who is afraid of not being in control of themselves.

This is one of the primary reasons that we have three formats: Ultrasonic, Masked and Hybrid.  Each of these has a different volume for the subliminalized audio.  You can know which will work best for you by following our instructions for calibrating volume and then using each of the three formats and observing which one works best.

As to the deeper parts of the subconscious being best for achieving the design goals of a subliminal, that is likewise dependent on a variety of factors.  For some people, a particular goal may best be achieved by the shallow subconscious, close to the conscious awareness.  For others, that goal may be best achieved by a deeper part of their subconscious.  There is no one best "depth of subconscious" for achieving subliminal goals, and there is no one "best depth of subconscious" for achieving every goal even for a single person.

For example, I do well with most subliminals in Ultrasonic format at a volume of 12 or 13 out of 15 on my cell phone.  But for a few, I do best with very low volumes.  Since I don't much like masked format, that means low volume ultrasonic.

It isn't a black and white thing.  That is why AutoConfig is so important.

If you were doing fine at high volumes, and felt "resistance" at lower volumes, then higher volumes it is for you.  Do what works.  But usually, one volume will work best.
Thank you for the quick answer, Shannon.

From what you wrote I think that lower volumes are definitely needed for me because losing control is a fear I had in the past.

I will take the thoughts about lower volumes as autoconfig and stay on the lower volumes for several more cycles. When I worked through whatever is holding me back on a deeper level, autoconfig will let me know.

Thanks again for the detailed explanation
MM
At 1/15 volume, the subliminal will not work at all. 4-5/15 is the minimum volume.
@Shannon Whenever I raise the volume above 9/15, let's say, I start breathing heavier, my heart beats are more pronounced, and generally feel a pressure in my body.
Could this be a sign that lower volumes are suited for me?
(08-31-2021, 01:20 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote: [ -> ]At 1/15 volume, the subliminal will not work at all. 4-5/15 is the minimum volume.

Hello GreegGod22,

how did you learn about the minimum volume?

Cheers
MM
(08-31-2021, 11:30 PM)MegaMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 01:20 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote: [ -> ]At 1/15 volume, the subliminal will not work at all. 4-5/15 is the minimum volume.

Hello GreegGod22,

how did you learn about the minimum volume?

Cheers
MM
Honestly, don't remember. It was just something I took it as fact. At 1/15 you won't hear the lowest portions of the track
I am quite sure that Shannon once said that such virtually inaudible volumes won’t work and it’s subconscious resistance that makes you think you should go that low. Indeed the general instructions mention that you should be able to hear the lowest portions, I doubt you canon volume 1 unless you’ve got superman hearing.
(09-01-2021, 02:40 PM)fab10 Wrote: [ -> ]I am quite sure that Shannon once said that such virtually inaudible volumes won’t work and it’s subconscious resistance that makes you think you should go that low. Indeed the general instructions mention that you should be able to hear the lowest portions, I doubt you canon volume 1 unless you’ve got superman hearing.

I agree 1 is like no volume...

Superman is busy for sub's..
Hmm. While I agree that 1 is a very low volume I had the most profound FRM dream on it yet. So might be bloom from before, but I also felt a change when starting the sub on a vol of 1. Might be a placebo here, who knows.
Ymmv but most of my profound dreams are on bloom. Or maybe you’re past bloom and fear is coming back?