Subliminal Talk

Full Version: 1 pager with essential info attached to each subliminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recommended a friend to buy MIR and asked questions to make sure my friend understood important things such as how much to listen, for how long, that US was potentially dangerous when using headphones, etc. And to my surprise they didn't got much of this stuff, which made me think that each subliminal should be shipped with a condensed 1 pager with "essential information" which would probably increase the people reading trough it as the product pages often after pretty lengthy.

Ideally this could be complemented with a quiz which users needed to answer correctly to be able to download the subliminal. I've seen the same process when trading with complex financial instruments, making sure that the user understand what they are getting themselves into.
Unfortunately, I don't think that is really comparable. Most people have become too lazy to read, or even watch a video that's more than a few minutes long these days. There's not much incentive to read what I write compared to an opportunity to make money.

The reason I write as much as I do is because the information is usually necessary for the person to really understand what's going on.

I'm looking at alternatives, but for the time being, I don't have time to make such changes.
Crazy idea for a possibile alternative: Mentoring

Experienced users could volunteer to help newbies start their journey.

It would cost IML zero money and almost zero time - setting up a top thread is probably all IML would need to do. Maybe add one line to the welcome email.

Difficult questions would still be for Shannon but a lot of the basics can be handled by fellow users. Personal attention beats any amount of instructions.

I know it would have been very useful for me back when I started and I also know I abandoned IML once because I couldn’t see the forest through the trees.

As an added bonus, non native speakers might find a mentor who speaks their language, that’s always better.

Mentors could “advertise” in a designated thread with a short history of their IML experience and languages spoken.