Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Stop Stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really would like to see an updated stop stuttering.
/speech sub.

Living with stuttering is one of the worst if not the worst.
I used to stuttering, espiecially when explaning something, I used AM, a few times, stuttering gone for me.

the main reason for stuttering probably emotinal baggage and low-self esteem, self-respect and fear of critism
OF. E4. etc. should help
Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear. So it would be OF you want. I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later. Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

LTU would also work, although it would probably take longer, but it would be a much more whole person approach.
(03-02-2021, 10:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear.  So it would be OF you want.  I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later.  Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

LTU would also work, although it would probably take longer, but it would be a much more whole person approach.

There is this stuttering teacher online that believes that speech is a skill and says that stuttering is basically under developed speaking skills/lack of muscle memory of speech organs, not really a direct result of fear or emotional issues.
They say that a stutterer, at some point in their life stopped speaking (possibly DUE to fear) and thus developed stuttering due to not speaking. As for me I was really quiet growing up, I dont know about other stutterers though. So the way to overcome stuttering is to learn the 'natural way of speaking'.
I dont know how true it is
Their overcome stuttering course costs a fortune and some say its a scam/doesnt work great.
(03-02-2021, 03:05 PM)London1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2021, 10:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Stuttering, as far as I have been able to determine, is always a reaction to some sort of fear.  So it would be OF you want.  I'm not sure if or when an update to Stop Stuttering will happen, although I suspect it will, but perhaos not sooner than later.  Fortunately, OF should handle this just fine.

There is this stuttering teacher online that believes that speech is a skill and says that stuttering is basically under developed speaking skills/lack of muscle memory of speech organs, not really a direct result of fear or emotional issues.
They say that a stutterer, at some point in their life stopped speaking (possibly DUE to fear) and thus developed stuttering due to not speaking. As for me I was really quiet growing up, I dont know about other stutterers though. So the way to overcome stuttering is to learn the 'natural way of speaking'.
I dont know how true it is
Their overcome stuttering course costs a fortune and some say its a scam/doesnt work great.

Probably because it's based on an incorrect belief.  Every case of stuttering I have ever encountered was traceable back to fear in one way or another.  I'll be glad to change my point of view when and if I see real evidence otherwise, but so far I have not seen anything that would make me think anything different.
I have stuttering issues when im feeling "not confident" or "low self esteem" at that moment. not only when speaking but my body language also (become stiffer and awkward). I was surprised because I didn't have any growth disorders or anything like that. I suspect this is due to bullying during the my golden age (5 years old) by teachers and students. This trauma carried over to my adulthood without me knowing it.
It sounds more and more like OF is the way to go.