Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Switching to MLS 4.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello and welcome to my MLS 4.0 (5.75.6g) journal.

This is my third subliminal from IML, I used ASC for about 2 weeks before a 79-day stint on MLS 3.0 (5.5g). So both ASC and MLS 3.0 work and as a result, I upgraded to MLS 4.0 (5.75.6g) ASAP at about the 2/3rd mark of my MLS 3.0 run.

Expectations:
Increase in the desire to learn and to enjoy learning. Especially to enjoy learning definitions and more "dry" topics, as I tend to sometimes get bored during these, which gets me when I lack the basics to understand the "interesting" topics.
Improved memorization speed and recall. Additionally, a deeper understanding of abstract math would be highly appreciated, although it has already improved with effort and MLS 3.0.

Decrease in procrastination and getting more done in my personal life. Finish a side project while doing great in college.

Usage:
The delivery method is usually ultrasonic FLAC via phone speakers and sometimes the ocean hybrid FLAC via wired headphones.
As recommended by the product description I am using MLS 4.0 (5.75.6g) for 6 Loops back-to-back for 8 (eight) on days and resting with 0 loops for 4 (four) off days. When playing MLS 4.0 I'm doing my coursework, so hopefully, my subconscious will make the connection between it and the subliminal and get to work.

Most of this is similar to my entry into MLS 3.0, so let's get started.
MM
26th of May

About three months in I have arrived at the listening pattern of 9 days on and 3 days off. I kept this journal silent because we know MLS works from 3.0 and so the only thing to learn here is how 4.0 is different.

So for results I have achieved an increase in the desire to learn. Before I was often kind of scared/unmotivated to do math in the sense that I skipped the formulas in a textbook and read the text to understand what is going on. Now with the help of MLS I am enjoying learning about statistics and time series analysis, it is so fascinating at times, that I consider doing another Bachelor Degree in pure Mathematics.
Furthermore MLS has helped me to memorize and learn for my exams with great outcomes. I wrote 3 exams this spring and on 2 of them I got the 2nd best grade. That is a huge achievement for me and I am joyous and elated.
Another result that I can attribute to MLS is that I have an improved capacity to visualize concepts in my mind, like "seeing" how the curve of a variable fluctuates differently under several circumstances. This makes learning easier and more fun.
Lastly my motor skills have also been improved. I am better at catching objects like bottles and apples and my balance is better now. (Would love to report more here, but sports have not reopened yet)

Another thing that I have noticed is that the results come in kind of waves. Like the sub would be going down into a mine and coming back up with some gold nuggets every few days. I like that metaphor.

Starting today I am switching the delivery method to hybrid FLAC via wired headphones. I will try to keep this configuration, but might deviate when I must travel or take meetings etc. then it will be ultrasonic FLAC via my phone speakers again.

Wishing you much success and victory over fear
MM
Thanks for the feedback. Very pleased to hear you're getting good results!
5th of June

Yesterday I was playing a game (multiplayer FPS) I love and consider myself decent at. I was listening to a dune audiobook at the same time and the litany against fear was read. "... Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. ..." And that got me thinking about my own fear because since I started with MLS3 in December 2020 and then directly switched to MLS4 I have been becoming more conscious of my fears. For example, when encountering a "difficult" task/problem I usually did not examine it closely, but just gave it a glance and saw a long formula or many steps to complete. That was all it took to label it "difficult" and once it was labeled that way there was a certain resistance to complete/solve it. But after examining it closer, I often discovered that the "long-ass formula" described a rather simple concept. Or that the many steps to complete, are rather repetitive and unchallenging. So what was it that made me label this "difficult"? To the best of my knowledge, this comes down to fear.

So I started a little experiment in this game and my fear of performance. To soothe my fear I said a mantra every time I died or got a kill: "I am, my bullet hits". During the following round, I landed a shot that I thought was nigh impossible and it was totally automatic, no conscious thought in it. Additionally, I was calmer when things didn't go my way, usually I become irritated/angry then because "it is not right".
So because that glorious shot was totally unconscious and it all relates to fear, I think this anecdote belongs here.
You cannot surmount the challenge you do not know exists.
9th of June

Last Night I had 3 distinct dreams that were out of the ordinary. For starters, I usually remember only one dream or fragments and not multiple ones. Furthermore, all 3 were centered around fear and they were the kind of HD-Dreams that I first experienced during MLS-3. I do not see how these dreams relate to learning but report them here as I am running MLS-4 and finishing the first run-through in about 2 weeks. Maybe the dreams are TID from OFv3.

The first dream was about the fear of death. Intense at the moment feeling like, there is someone outside the apartment with a gun NOW and he will come in and shoot you dead. I was kind of panicking in the dream, as I did not realize that it was a dream because it was so realistic and HD. Thought about climbing out the window and jumping to another balcony. Then the dream stopped.

The second dream was about a fear of grime, I think? I was cleaning my toilet but it wouldn't flush, somehow clogged and I became frustrated and disgusted/afraid of the situation. Dream stopped.

The third dream was about a fear of embarrassment and quite lengthy. At first, I was in a clothing store and had a shirt and trousers combination fitted. The shirt was just a dress shirt but the trousers were a very bright brown and not wool or linen, but of some kind of leather and then fur on top material. Very colorful and soft to the touch. After the outfit was complete, 3 women in black dresses congratulated me on it. Then I met up with my relatives to go to the wedding that I got the outfit for, no idea who was marrying. As soon as we were all together, I noticed that all the other guests had chosen more conservative outfits, especially darker or beige colors. I received some comments on my "exotic" choice but that was not the main source of embarrassment, mainly it was myself who was embarrassed to be so different.
Then we started the walk to the church, I walked in front. On the way there I took a wrong turn and had to backtrack to the others. That embarrassed me further. I just walked with the crow from then on. Dream stopped.

Thanks for reading these confusing stories.
I am currently figuring out if my next sub should be Grow Taller or OFv3. I am not small, but of average height. So I think the desire to run Grow Taller might be out of pettiness? On the other hand, I will turn 25 before the first run-through of OFv3 will be complete, so this is now my only chance to run Grow Taller.
Maybe someone with more experience can help me with this question.

Wishing you all the best
MM
(06-09-2021, 01:36 AM)MegaMan Wrote: [ -> ]9th of June

Last Night I had 3 distinct dreams that were out of the ordinary. For starters, I usually remember only one dream or fragments and not multiple ones. Furthermore, all 3 were centered around fear and they were the kind of HD-Dreams that I first experienced during MLS-3. I do not see how these dreams relate to learning but report them here as I am running MLS-4 and finishing the first run-through in about 2 weeks. Maybe the dreams are TID from OFv3.

The first dream was about the fear of death. Intense at the moment feeling like, there is someone outside the apartment with a gun NOW and he will come in and shoot you dead. I was kind of panicking in the dream, as I did not realize that it was a dream because it was so realistic and HD. Thought about climbing out the window and jumping to another balcony. Then the dream stopped.

The second dream was about a fear of grime, I think? I was cleaning my toilet but it wouldn't flush, somehow clogged and I became frustrated and disgusted/afraid of the situation. Dream stopped.

The third dream was about a fear of embarrassment and quite lengthy. At first, I was in a clothing store and had a shirt and trousers combination fitted. The shirt was just a dress shirt but the trousers were a very bright brown and not wool or linen, but of some kind of leather and then fur on top material. Very colorful and soft to the touch. After the outfit was complete, 3 women in black dresses congratulated me on it. Then I met up with my relatives to go to the wedding that I got the outfit for, no idea who was marrying. As soon as we were all together, I noticed that all the other guests had chosen more conservative outfits, especially darker or beige colors. I received some comments on my "exotic" choice but that was not the main source of embarrassment, mainly it was myself who was embarrassed to be so different.
Then we started the walk to the church, I walked in front. On the way there I took a wrong turn and had to backtrack to the others. That embarrassed me further. I just walked with the crow from then on. Dream stopped.

I am currently figuring out if my next sub should be Grow Taller or OFv3. I am not small, but of average height. So I think the desire to run Grow Taller might be out of pettiness? On the other hand, I will turn 25 before the first run-through of OFv3 will be complete, so this is now my only chance to run Grow Taller.

Wishing you all the best
MM

I ran grow taller at 23, I didn't grow taller. The reasons you want to be taller however have to do with other people and their perceptions, being liked/considered attractive, etc., but those things can be achieved through other subs. No one should be running grow taller in 2021 unless they have everything else in life together, or are young enough that it's realistic to see results anyways. There's simply so many better options that exist now, and time flies.
(06-09-2021, 02:18 PM)Zeroxmachina Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2021, 01:36 AM)MegaMan Wrote: [ -> ]9th of June

Wishing you all the best
MM

I ran grow taller at 23, I didn't grow taller. The reasons you want to be taller however have to do with other people and their perceptions, being liked/considered attractive, etc., but those things can be achieved through other subs. No one should be running grow taller in 2021 unless they have everything else in life together, or are young enough that it's realistic to see results anyways. There's simply so many better options that exist now, and time flies.

Thank you for reading this journal and sharing your thoughts Zeroxmachina. Yes, you are right, my desire to be taller is to more liked by others / them being "in awe of my height". I am facing several fears recently and even seeing signs of resistance, like feelings of uneasiness and body/subconscious waking me up in the middle of the night and preventing sleep. So I think OFv3 is the better choice and it hopefully will also erase the fears that wanted me to run Grow Taller in the first place.

In reality, the height of a person is not of much consequence anyway. Fighting: Mc Gregor and Mayweather are both 173 cm. Power: Napoleon conquered Europe. A certain contemporary Russian gentleman is also doing very well. So I'm gonna pin this all on fear and throw OFv3 at it  Big Grin

Thanks again for your post, Zeroxmachina. Wishing you victory over fear!
MM
10th of June

Recently I had another revelation concerning fear and change. I think this relates to learning because learning leads to change. You learn a new skill and what do you do, you go out and use it. That puts you in a new situation with new people and new possibilities aka "change".
For as long as I can think back my productivity followed a pattern, almost a seasonality, in that right before completing a project/big task or after completing it I suddenly lost all motivation to keep going. Then I spent a day or sometimes even several days as a Zombie just consuming and recharging my energy. The revelation was that my subconscious might protect itself from the change that would occur when I finish the project/task. So by sucking away my energy to work it pushes the change back, at least a few days and at most completely because the chance might have passed when I am back in the game. Using this behavior, my subconscious can avoid facing most of its fear of change and continue to be the way it is.
As before, this might be TID from OFv3. But at the same time, I think this is very close to the main fears I have around learning and performance. Learning and performance are very close together for me because a result of learning is increased performance and continuous learning leads to peak performance. And peak performance might be what my subconscious fears. Maybe this relates back to a fear I discovered on MLS3, the fear of being different and that being different comes also with obligations. Like the Spiderman theme "great power comes with great responsibility". Shannon gave me some insight that a better skillset is no obligation, just a possibility. It is the freedom and choice of the person how to make use of this possibility.

One final anecdote about peak performance and flow. This happened about 6 years ago, at the time I played a multiplayer FPS game daily.
So in the game was this one moment that lasted about 4 seconds. My character was standing at a window, shotgun with slugs in hand, and looking down at several buildings on the other side of the road. Then one enemy appeared, I aimed - shot - hit, in one fluid motion. The next aim - shoot - hit, next aim - shoot - hit, next aim - shoot - hit. I was totally in the moment and at the same time, I wasn't. It was like my conscious mind was in Nirvana, a deep state of relaxation and joy. My subconscious took over and delivered peak performance. Professional level precision - a 100% hit rate on 4 sequential moving targets in different locations.
This moment felt awesome and I still remember it vividly. It was almost a religious experience, I felt fully present and completely myself. This is what I suppose God must feel like.
No other flow state after that came even close to this.

Thanks for bearing with me during these anecdotes. May the currents of the universe favor you.
MM
14th of June

Had an interesting dream. In that dream, I was actively training my jab and focussing on specifics that I know need to be worked on. I was in some kind of gym and there was a trainer with me, giving feedback and encouragement. Overall it was a fuzzy dream, the only crisp thing is the body sensation on how I threw the punches and what to do differently. This dream was really awesome, it opens the avenue to refining all manner of skills in my dreams.
Just imagine reviewing vocabulary in a dream. Instant learning boost <3
While all humans solidify what has been learned during sleep, with MLS one could actively continue learning while asleep. And what is even better, this learning experience can be almost completely powered by the subconscious and as such be much more effective. (Ever experienced time dilation in a dream? Think what that could mean here...). VERY stoked.

Besides this dream, I am experiencing massive TID from OFv3. This is noticeable in that I am much more emotional the last few days and also calmer. Additionally, there are weird dreams that seem to be almost senseless but vaguely relate to different fears. To be completely fair, some of it could also be from MLS that decided that there are emotional lessons to learn for me to be able to achieve the design goals. This goes to show how dynamic MLS is, so adjustable and in-flow that I could mistake some of its effects of OFv3 TID. Very good product.

18th of June

This will be my last cycle of this run-through of MLS4, I started on February 24 and the program is designed for 4 months per run-through. For the most time, my listening schedule was 9 days on and 3 days off with 6 loops per day. Lately, I had the impression that for some final breakthroughs I need a little more power, so the last cycle will be with 7 loops.
I begin to notice more improvements in areas of life that one would not naturally associate with "learning". This makes me want to continue MLS, but I will do so at a later date because OFv3 is waiting and even just the TID was amazing.
23th of June

It has become obvious, that I am much more a morning person than I was before MLS4. It's not like I am getting up all hyped up and jumping straight into work, but I rather enjoy the morning silence before work and take care of personal tasks instead of snoozing this time away. For me personally, this is a huge achievement as my morning habits were quite bad before. I am pleased that I can finally say "I am working for myself", as there is no one that depends on me or will berate me if I sleep in. I just don't and it feels natural.
Furthermore, I am seeing some improvements in the areas of emotional intelligence and interacting with other people. Cool stuff.
Finally, I had the urge to take better care of my body lately and also to tidy up the apartment. Might be that these things distract my subconscious from maximum learning speed and as such are sought to be remedied.

My last day on MLS4 will be the 26th of June. It is all coming together.
MM
24th of June

I have OFv3 and UMSv2 lined up after MLS4. Before I had always planned to run OF first and then UMS, but lately I have begun to think that this may be to fear. If I put UMS off, I can avoid that massive change and stay in my comfort zone, if not emotionally and personally at least monetary.
An argument that I used to sugarcoat this was "you want to run OF for sure, might as well do it now". But do I really want to wait for UMS, can I afford it?

"How Long Are You Going To Wait Before You Demand The Best For Yourself." Epictetus
27th of June

I forgot to check the date yesterday, so my last cycle was 10 days on. Last night I had a very confusing dream about one of my math teachers in high school. He had a Ph.D. in Math and was an intense person. The situation was that I could not find my homework and that I was behind on the in-class assignment because I decided to create my own problem to solve, so I can understand the whole topic better. He was very understanding and calm, but at the same time inquisitive and asked pointed questions. No idea what it means.
This concludes my first run-through of MLS4. To make it short, MLS4 works and enhances mental capabilities in learning, abstract thinking, and emotional intelligence. What surprised me most is that it also helped me to better understand myself on an emotional level.
I feel like MLS could achieve much more, but there are still some fears that are holding it back. If one were to run OF before MLS or run a future MLS with improved FRM I'd wager that the results would be further enhanced.

Thanks for reading and may the wind always be at your back
MM
30th of June

The last few days I am very exhausted. Sleeping 9 to 10 hours instead of my usual 8. I think a part of it is bloom from MLS, another part is my subconscious resisting the bloom. And finally, I think there's TID from UMSv2 in the mix.
I have decided that my next sub will be UMSv2, not because I think OFv3 would be "wrong", but rather because my main fears are around performance and excellence. Also around the identity of performance and excellence, like "I am high-performing", "I am excellent". These statements have been rejected by me, sometimes even consciously, my whole life. So I think that these fears are the root of most fears I have and as such, UMS can help me focus on them instead of attacking all at once as OFv3 would do.

Live long and prosper
MM
Pages: 1 2