Subliminal Talk

Full Version: lano1106 OF V2 5.75.5G journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Cycle 19 day 3:

thx to Ben sorting out the error that did happen during my purchase, I have now being able to start listening yesterday evening.

The listen time is slightly shorter than with V1 but not by that much... Something around 5h and half vs a bit over 6 h for V1.

I was expecting roughly half shorter than v1 since the # of loops were cut in half but I guess this isn't how things are working. # of loops # is smaller but the loops are longer.

But still the listening time is still shorter which is an improvement!

Not much to report about a change on how I feel or I have experienced today vs the last few V1 cycles.

I did, however, have a dream. It still has something around business travelling and my fear of being late and missing my flight. It did happen to me few times in the past... It has always been a mild source of anxiety....

It is funny because anxiety related to travelling is a very recurring theme for my dreams. There must be some symbolic underneath meaning for this dreaming because AFAIK, I cannot believe that this is considered as priority for healing my fears by my subconscious mind. As I acknowledge that this is a source of anxiety but it is very far from paralyzing. I have never stopped myself from travelling because of it. Quite the opposite, a lot of pleasure is associated with travelling...

One of my expectations would have been discover some deeply rooted fear associated with sexuality, what others may think of me, especially women... but none of that did came out as a revelation in my dreams since I have started using OF.

That being said, everything that could happen wrong in my last dream did happen. However, nothing of the feared consequences did happen. Quite the opposite, everything was cool and chill... I even got perks from missing my flight such as travelling first class in the next plane and getting a free upgrade for my rental car...

I guess this is a way to eliminate fears. To show what is feared isn't real... but again, hopefully, the travelling fear is only a metaphor used by my subconscious... I really don't think that it is in my top 10 fear...
I think that the program starts with your least powerful fears and progressively works its way to your deeper fears.
Please start a new journal.
(12-23-2020, 05:05 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Please start a new journal.

This is a new journal!

I just kept track of where I am in OF cycles because I intend to do exactly 27 cycles of OF mixed with v1 and v2.
Cycle 19, day 5:

On december 21 (the day before starting OFv2), my trading system made 18 trades in the space of 9 minutes. This was caused by extreme volatility when BTC price did met the $24K resistance level and did brutally lost $1.5K- $2K in the span of 30 minutes-1h.

It did alright but the spike of activity did highlight a bunch of issues that did, until then, remain undiscovered. Mostly scenarios with specific sequence of events that have been overlooked as possible.

I don't know if it is coincidence with me starting OFv2 but as I discover the problems, solving them has been extremely slow and painful. This requires some refactoring of existing code. Good solutions are eventually coming to my mind in background while I do other things than being in front of the code.

I feel like I'm doing more procrastination than I normally do. I feel exhausted and I need a lot of sleep. GF is very confrontational and not very nice with me lately. All that coincides with the start of OFv2.

It is either purely coincidental or not... If it is related, transition from v1 to v2 is kinda rough...
Cycle 19, day 6:

Last listening day of the first v2 cycle.

It definitely does something more than v1. This might explain this extreme mental exhaustion that I am currently experiencing for the last few days.

My experience is that this exhaustion is present when starting a new program and then rapidly goes away as things start to be internalized.

This is my cue that a program works.

I just realised something. with v1, I initially calculated that I needed 27 cycles to reach the 8 months period. This was based on a 10 days long cycle. v2 is 7 days long. Therefore, I need to recalculate the number of remaining cycles.

It gives 11.42 cycles that I will round up since the first 2 days of cycle 19 were with v1.

Therefore, I'll complete cycle 31 before leaving OF.

I still made a weird dream this night. I had a lift by a girl to meet another one that was living in an old apartment building. She was living on a very high floor (24th floor or something like that). First simply reach destination was difficult. There was a lot of driving around on highways and mssing exits. Next when in place, I had take a staircase to reach the girl floor. To say the least, the staircase was hazardous. With ramps falling down and so on... I woke up before ever finishing going up in this weird staircase.

Update:
I am not even sure where the 27 cycles number come from originally. If we assume that 90 days is 3 months, 270 would be 9 months... I might need to return to my OFv1 journal. I might explain the calculation at the beginning...
Cycle 19, day 7 (or 5):

Considering that I only started V2 from day 3 from this cycle and because this program cycle length is in sync with a week length, I decided to do an extra listening day so that my off day falls on sunday evenings which is very convenient for me.

I made some more very vivid dreams today. I was doing sports and Bill Gates was wanting me to stop...

That kinda resonates with what happens in real life...

I had this other "revelation" this morning. It is the second time in 2 months that my server is down for very serious issues out of my control while BTC is having a major move.

Last time was in early November when the BTC price went from $15K to over $20K and the reason was that I was migrating the server on a new machine and I was writing my new margin trading code.

This time, my server has been down for a week because its last activities did show up very serious flaws (I don't want to let a buggy software manage my money...) while the BTC price is going up from $23.5K to god knows how high it will stop. (As of writing the price is now very close from touching $28K...

Is it really some sad coincidence and bad timing or am I subconsciously attempt to self-sabotage my success?

this is weird...
Cycle 20, day 1:

Things are moving... I have restarted my trading server yesterday. The amount of change that I had to put in it since I have stop it is phenomenal. I have discovered that probably only roughly 25% or less of the possible cases of one of my latest added features was covered.

It seems like the last run have stumbled into a big number of cases that the code was not prepared to handle correctly. In a way, this is luck and I have won the jackpot...

One trade did happen during my sleep. I still have to review it to validate the finer details but simply by looking at the end result, things appear good.

Also, I have received my hardware wallet. It could have given me some problems with the Linux installation but beside having to install some udev rules, the Linux experience is pleasantly smooth.

Having this new wallet made me want to transfer some of my cryptos into it... This made me explore again the challenge of claiming my coins from the bitcoin forks. With a new SW wallet (Coinomi), I have been able to retrieve about $500 worth of coins... Bitcoin Gold because my balance is too small, I cannot swap it to some other crypto. Coinomi is very nice but for its DEX feature, it is a total ripoff. It wanted to ask $40-$50 of fees to convert my BTG into another currency.

This has forced me to finally create a binance account (to convert my $10 worth of BTG). Opening a binance account is something that I wanted to do for many months. Now it is done.

That last thing that I want to take care of is claiming my coins from Bitcoin-SV. Coinomi couldn't do it for me for some reasons... I need compile the official client I think.

Finally, I got some succession money from my mom that did pass away. This sum is something that I wanted to invest in cryptos. I have the money in my bank account for 2 weeks. I should have made the transfer before. When I saw a lot of altcoins price yesterday all increase by 10-20%... This is some easy profit that I could have taken if I would have been more strategic and take care of transfering that money 2 weeks ago into the exchange. Oh well...

I feel like in the last 2 days, I have taken care of a lot of things that I have been dragging for a long time.
Cycle 20, day 2:

I got bitten by 2 other bugs since yesterday. Nothing that did impact profit but this makes me wonder if I'll stop seeing them. They keep coming...
Cycle 20 (v2 cycle #2), day 3:

Still a lot of dreams. I don't remember all the details but it seems like it is the review of some events of the past day with some weird twists in how it is treated.

My trading server did exhibit a very weird behavior yesterday. It produced a result different by 1 pip from the expected result. I have looked at the code, created a new test program to reproduce the issue. There is nothing that I did try that did find the reason for this weird behavior.

I have nailed down to one possible explanation but I don't like it. The code select a method of calculating fee based if 2 floating point variables are initialized. AFAIK, they cant not be initialized but the result given is as-if they weren't. My server is a VM. A "HW" failure could have made the program misevaluate the condition. I'm very skeptical that this is the case as I have never seen proof of that possible but I cannot think of anything else right now.

I did modify a little bit the code around the location of this problem including a trace if the unexpected method of calculating is used. I have to let go this issue now unless it happens again.

My sleeping is a bit unregular in the last few days. I made a nap. When I did wake up. I wasn't fully awake. I went at the computer to see how the markets were. I saw a very fast XBT selloff, I did try to ride it with a short position but that is the type of sell-of that revert back very quickly, it is quite possible that if you enter it when it is about to end, this is going to be a losing trade. I'm not overly too concerned about this possibility because I only trade a very small amount until, I'm more confident to make consisten profits. The problem because I was not 100% awake when I created the trade, I forgot to include an extra 0 in the trade volume and this made me trade 10x more than what I intended. I lost the trade and this made me lost about $50 bucks.

I need to improve my trade dialog box so that it is initialized with good default values making it close to impossible for me to make such errors.

On the bright side, this did boost my 30 days trading volume which is making me closer to the next fee bracket which my ARB strategy could benefit...
(12-31-2020, 05:55 AM)lano1106 Wrote: [ -> ]Cycle 20 (v2 cycle #2), day 3:

Still a lot of dreams. I don't remember all the details but it seems like it is the review of some events of the past day with some weird twists in how it is treated.

I tend to dream this way too. I think my subconscious likes to use something recent that my conscious mind easily identifies and understands to communicate something deeper.
Dreams are commonly used for processing the day's experiences, so it may just be the normal sorting/storage process.
Cycle 20 (v2 cycle #2), day 5:

With the amazing Bitcoin bullrun of today, my 30 days trading volume did finally reached $50K and it is granting me access to lower trading fees.

This is on top of having a bunch of new ideas on how I can improve my system performance + nailing down few more bugs...

It seems that my stuff is getting unblocked in major ways...

Could it be some unconscious blocks that were stopping me to progress and finally reach success?

The coincidence between the unblocks and the start of OFv2 is striking and makes me believe that this could have been the case...

Anyway, I'm currently enjoying the milestone. I think that I have been desiring it almost since the start of my project 1 year ago...

I just restarted my server with the new code, improvements and bug fixes. I'm super excited to see if my system will trade more often and be more profitable...

Stay tuned...
Cycle 20 (v2 cycle #2), day 6:

Not sure it was a good idea but I started my new server before going to bed and I did let it run unsupervised with a very big amount of new untested code.

When I did wake up and went to see what the server was up to, I did discover that I got plenty of action. More than I have never seen. Roughly 80 trades in the span of few hours... I'll have plenty of logs to review today...

I have seen few glitches. Not everything went all right but one of the mistake was to let some fund parked in ETH which was a happy error as the ETH appreciated by something like 20% since then... So all is good!
Pages: 1 2 3 4